FIG and Fixed-Income
- Gleiss Lutz launches capital markets group in Frankfurt. Cushnie, Lorraine // Lawyer;8/1/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p7
Focuses on the decision of Gleiss Lutz to launch a capital markets group for the first time with finance partners Burkhard Jï¿½kel and Helge Kortz and corporate partners Detlef Bauer and Edgar Matyschok in Germany. Contention of company executive Martin Diller on the significance of the new...
- There's still room for lending innovation. Hollingworth, David // Mortgage Strategy;10/15/2007, p30
The author reflects on the changes and the chance for the lending market to develop its products and services. He noted that the plan of Abbey to move into sub-prime with a specialist brand seemed to be a joint venture with Merrill Lynch & Co. However, its withdrawal on the plan is not so...
- Strategic Alliances and the Boundaries of the Firm. Robinson, David T. // Review of Financial Studies;Mar2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p649
Strategic alliances are long-term contracts between legally distinct organizations that provide for sharing the costs and benefits of a mutually beneficial activity. In this paper, I develop and test a model that helps explain why firms sometimes prefer alliances over internally organized...
- IDD OutTakes. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/21/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p5
Reports developments on banks and banking. Terms of the agreement signed between JPMorgan company and the investors of WorldCom Inc.; Efforts of Jefferies and Co. to hire several investments bankers in New York City; Appointment of Jorge Calderon, head of the new global financial institutions...
- Danatama Makmur: Indonesia's leading investment banking solutions. // FinanceAsia;Nov2008 Outbound M&A bridges the, p20
The article focuses on PT Danatama Makmur (Danatama), a leading investment banking solutions in Indonesia founded in April 1884, which has earned itself a reputation as a dynamic, innovative, and successful bank, and is the most recognized in the Indonesian capital market. It says Danatama has...
- NY Bank Regulator Urges Partnerships. // National Mortgage News;12/3/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p16
Focuses on the promotion of housing partnership solutions for banks and housing institutions in New York, New York.
- E-BUSINESS BRIEFS. // Metal Center News;Nov2000, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p14
Reports developments of related to electronic commerce in the United States as of November 2000. Joint venture agreement between Aluminum.com Inc. and Russia.com; Strategic alliance between MetalSite and MetalSpectrum; Expansion plans of e-STEEL Corp.
- The Briefing Box: In Today's WWD. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/18/2015, Vol. 209 Issue 34, p2
The section introduces several articles and topics featured in the February 18, 2015 issue of "WWD," including the plan of Kering to improve luxury brand Gucci and sportswear maker Puma, a partnership between UBM Advanstar and Eurovet-Curvexpo and the restructuring at Forever 21.
- Non-profit insurers follow the conversion trend. Senterfitt, Barry // Managed Healthcare Executive;Nov2004, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p18
Focuses on the corporate reorganization of health plans and insurers on its effort to gain access to the capital market in the U.S. Possible reasons for possible reorganization; Method used by the company as an acquisition device whereby the acquiring company purchases all of the stock of the...