Arthrodesis of the Knee with a Long Intramedullary Nail Following the Failure of a Total Knee Arthroplasty as the Result of Infection
- First complete system designed to treat progressive osteoarthritis of the knee. // Podiatry Now;Sep2010, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p8
The article discusses a partial knee replacement system designed for progressive osteoarthritis in active patients which has been created by Depuy Orthopaedics EMEA and is reported to be the first complete system designed to treat progressive osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Primary total knee arthroplasty in severe valgus knee. Radulescu, R.; Badila, A.; Japie, I.; Ciobanu, T.; Manolescu, R. // Journal of Medicine & Life;Oct-Dec2013, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p395
Aim: Outcome of primary total arthroplasty for osteoarthritis of the knee with valgus deformity. Materials and methods: Between 2005 and 2007, 28 primary total knee replacements were performed for osteoarthritis of the knee with valgus deformity. 21 cases were women and 7 men with a mean age of...
- THE INFLUENCE OF INCOME AND RACE ON TOTAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTY IN THE UNITED STATES. Skinner, Jonathan; Weiping Zhou; Weinstein, James // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Oct2006, Vol. 88-A Issue 10, p2159
Background: The associations among income, total knee arthroplasty, and underlying rates of knee osteoarthritis are not well understood. We studied whether high-income Medicare recipients are more likely to have a knee arthroplasty and less likely to suffer from knee osteoarthritis. Methods: Two...
- The Direct and Indirect Costs to Society of Treatment for End-Stage Knee Osteoarthritis. Ruiz Jr, David; Koenig, Lane; Dall, Timothy M.; Gallo, Paul; Narzikul, Alexa; Parvizi, Javad; Tongue, John // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;8/21/2013, Vol. 95-A Issue 16, p1473
Background: Although total knee arthroplasty for end-stage osteoarthritis is a cost-effective procedure, payers are focusing on its indications and cost because of its high and growing use. Improvements in pain and physical function from total knee arthroplasty could yield benefits in the form...
- International survey of primary and revision total knee replacement. Kurtz, Steven; Ong, Kevin; Lau, Edmund; Widmer, Marcel; Maravic, Milka; Gómez-Barrena, Enrique; Fátima de Pina, Maria; Manno, Valerio; Torre, Marina; Walter, William; Steiger, Richard; Geesink, Rudolph; Peltola, Mikko; Röder, Christoph // International Orthopaedics;Dec2011, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p1783
Purpose: Total knee arthroplasty (TKA) is currently the international standard of care for treating degenerative and rheumatologic knee joint disease, as well as certain knee joint fractures. We sought to answer the following three research questions: (1) What is the international variance in...
- ARTHRODESIS OF THE KNEE WITH A LONG INTRAMEDULLARY NAIL FOLLOWING THE FAILURE OF A TOTAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTY AS THE RESULT OF INFECTION. Bargiotas, Konstantinos; Wohlrab, David; Sewecke, Jeffrey J.; Lavinge, Gregory; DeMeo, Patrick J.; Sotereanos, Nicholas G. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Mar2006, Vol. 88-A Issue 3, p553
Background: Knee arthrodesis can be an effective treatment option for relieving pain and restoring some function after the failure of a total knee arthroplasty as the result of infection. The purpose of the present study was to review the outcome of a staged approach for arthrodesis of the knee...
- Great OA Articles. BERRY, BARBARA // Arthritis Today;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "What You Need in a New Knee" in the July-August 2011 issue.
- Knee replacement alternative offered here. Crompton, Kim // Journal of Business (10756124);2/13/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 4, pB2
Features Unispacer, a knee replacement alternative for patients with osteoarthritis in Spokane, Washington. Reaction of patients to the use of the product; Creation of the product by Centerpulse Orthopedics Inc.; Design of the product.
- Outcomes of knee arthrodesis following infected total knee arthroplasty: a retrospective analysis of 8 cases. Watanabe, Kota; Minowa, Takeshi; Takeda, Shintaro; Otsubo, Hidenori; Kobayashi, Takuma; Kura, Hideji; Yamashita, Toshihiko // Modern Rheumatology;Mar2014, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p243
Background. There is insufficient information regarding patient-based outcomes after knee arthrodesis following infected total knee arthroplasty (TKA). The purpose of this study was to analyze outcomes in patients who underwent knee arthrodesis following infected TKA using clinical and...