A New Treatment Strategy for Severe Arthrofibrosis of the Knee
- Evaluation of a virtual-reality-based simulator using passive haptic feedback for knee arthroscopy. Fucentese, Sandro; Rahm, Stefan; Wieser, Karl; Spillmann, Jonas; Harders, Matthias; Koch, Peter // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Apr2015, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p1077
Purpose: The aim of this work is to determine face validity and construct validity of a new virtual-reality-based simulator for diagnostic and therapeutic knee arthroscopy. Methods: The study tests a novel arthroscopic simulator based on passive haptics. Sixty-eight participants were grouped...
- Arthroscopic thermal capsular shrinkage: a successful treatment option for patients with chronic lateral ankle instability? White, J.; Zubairy, A.; Hakimi, M. // BMC Proceedings;2012 Supplement 4, Vol. 6 Issue Suppl 4, p1
An abstract of the article "Arthroscopic thermal capsular shrinkage: a successful treatment option for patients with chronic lateral ankle instability?," by J. White, A. Zubairy, and M. Hakimi is presented.
- Tako-Tsubo syndrome in an anaesthetised patient undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery. Artukoglu, Feyzi; Owen, Andrew; Hemmerling, Thomas M. // Annals of Cardiac Anaesthesia;2008, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p38
We present a case of stress-induced myocardial stunning, also known as tako-Tsubo syndrome, in an anaesthetised patient undergoing arthroscopic replacement of the cruciate ligament. The patient's (44 y male, ASA class II) had a history of hypertension with no other known disease. He underwent a...
- Tratamiento artroscÃ³pico de la osteoartritis: rodilla y hombro. Almazán, Arturo; Cruz, Francisco; Pérez, Francisco; Bravo, César; Ibarra, Clemente // Reumatologia Clinica;Supplement 3-Oct, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p44
We discuss the role of arthroscopy in the treatment of knee and shoulder osteoarthritis. The most widely used arthroscopic techniques used in these joints for the treatment of osteoarthritis are arthroscopic lavage, arthroscopic debridement, abrasion arthrosplasty and microfractures. Even though...
- Tratamiento quirÃºrgico de la osteoartritis en la cadera: actualidades en artroscopia de cadera. Sánchez, Víctor M. Ilizaliturri; Galindo, Javier Camacho // Reumatologia Clinica;Supplement 3-Oct, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p50
Arthroscopic surgery of the hip is a routine procedure in an increasing number of institutions around the world. Indications for this procedure increase as more experience is developed. Thanks to hip arthroscopy some intra-articular lesions like labral or ligamentum teres tears and cartilage...
- Arthroscopic meniscal repair. Forster, M. C.; Aster, A. S. // Surgeon (Edinburgh University Press);Dec2003, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p323
Although the first meniscal repair was performed over 100 years ago, many aspects of meniscal repair remain controversial. This article reviews the structure and function of the menisci, the rationale for repair and the clinical results of arthroscopic meniscal repair.
- Arthroscopy: A new approach to knee surgery that affects patient care. Armstrong, Myrna; Patterson, Rita // RN;Jan78, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p35
Describes the use of arthroscopy, an alternative approach to orthopedic diagnosis and surgery, in dealing with knee-joint injuries. Information on pre-operation management; Procedures involved in arthroscopy; Exercises for arthroscopy patients following operations.
- Joint Distraction May Be Unnecessary in Ankle Arthroscopy. Sun, Yan Q.; Slesarenko, Yury A. // Orthopedics;Feb2006, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p118
Presents a technique to avoid joint distraction during ankle arthroscopy. Materials and methods for performing ankle arthroscopy without joint distractions; Complications of invasive and non-invasive joint distractions; Examples of ankle arthroscopic procedures; Issues to consider in ankle...
- Arthroscopic locking plate removal after proximal humeral fractures. Voigt, Christine; Geisler, Andreas; Lill, Helmut // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Mar2010, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p391
The incidence of proximal humeral fractures increases. The locking plate osteosynthesis is a standard procedure to treat displaced proximal humeral fractures. In the mostly affected elderly patients with an osteoporotic bone structure, complication rate is still high. An implant removal is...