Treatment of Glenohumeral Arthritis with a Hemiarthroplasty
- Arthritis: Beating the pain. McCafferty, Keith // Field & Stream;Mar1999, Vol. 103 Issue 11, p32
Discusses treatment options for arthritis. Anti-inflammatories; COX-2 inhibitors; Natural supplements that are touted as cartilage rebuilding agents; Sodium hyaluronate for osteoarthritis; Regular exercise; Precautions that hunters can take to avoid arthritic attacks. INSETS: Arthritis...
- Updated therapy guidelines pinpoint drug use in arthritis. // Medical Marketing & Media;Nov2000, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p30
Reports on updated guidelines for medical management of osteoarthritis of the hip and knee. Effectiveness of prescription drugs; Introduction of additional drug categories.
- A Promising Thumb Basal Joint Hemiarthroplasty for Treatment of Trapeziometacarpal Osteoarthritis. Pritchett, James; Habryl, Louis // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Oct2012, Vol. 470 Issue 10, p2756
Background: Trapeziometacarpal joint osteoarthritis is a painful, disabling condition that primarily affects women who are postmenopausal. Arthroplasty has been performed to treat this condition; however, subluxation has been a problem with all previous implants. We report the results of...
- Surgical treatment of basal joint disease of the thumb: comparison between resection-interposition arthroplasty and trapezio-metacarpal arthrodesis. Schröder, J.; Kerkhoffs, G.M.M.J.; Voerman, H.J.; Marti, R.K. // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Jan2002, Vol. 122 Issue 1, p35
Thirty-six thumbs with symptomatic osteoarthritis of the first carpometacarpal joint were treated either by trapezio-metacarpal arthrodesis (n=18) or resection-tendon-interposition arthroplasty (n=18). The mean follow-up of the 29 patients was 42 months. With the data available, we could not...
- COOLING THE FIRE. Haveles, Elena Bablenis // Drug Topics;10/2/2000, Vol. 144 Issue 19, p55
Provides information on treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and osteoarthritis (OA). Diagnostic criteria for RA and OA; Complementary therapy; Nondrug therapies; Dietary supplements.
- Influence of Preoperative Factors on Outcome of Shoulder Arthroplasty for Glenohumeral Osteoarthritis. Iannotti, Joseph P.; Norris, Tom R. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Feb2003, Vol. 85-A Issue 2, p251
Background: The results of shoulder arthroplasty for osteoarthritis have been reported to be excellent or good for the majority of patients, but the value of using a glenoid component and the anatomic factors that affect outcome are still debated. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the...
- NEWSLINE: Duexis Combination Therapy. // Monthly Prescribing Reference;Jan2012, Vol. 28 Issue 1, pA-6
The article reports that Duexis is available as a single, immediate-release tablet for the relief of signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- New choices now available for rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. McCann, Jean // Drug Topics;12/6/99, Vol. 143 Issue 23, p61
Reports on the availability of drugs for the treatment of rheumatoid and osteoarthritis in the United States. List of drugs indicated for the treatment of such disease conditions; Effectiveness and common side effects of drugs commonly used in treating the diseases; Malignancies associated with...
- Celecoxib versus omeprazole and diclofenac in patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis (CONDOR): a randomised trial. // International Journal of Advances in Rheumatology;2010, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p147
The article presents a randomized trial that compares the efficacy of celecoxib, omeprazole and diclofenace in treating osteoarthitis and rheumatoid arthritis of patients.