Determination of Ultrafilterable Prolactin: Elimination of Macroprolactin Interference With a Monomeric Prolactin-Selective Sample Pretreatment
- Hyperprolactinaemia. Collison, Kiren; Wass, John // GP: General Practitioner;8/11/2006, p22
The article discusses the causes, diagnosis, and treatment of hyperprolactinaemia. Hyperprolactinaemia is a condition in which serum prolactin levels increase. It is caused by prolactin-secreting pituitary adenomas and other pituitary tumors which interrupt dopamine inhibition of prolactin...
- Prolactinoma: a question of rational treatment. Edwards, C.R.W.; Feek, C.M. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);12/12/1981, Vol. 283 Issue 6306, p1561
Focuses on the rational treatment of prolactinoma. Function of normal anterior pituitary tissue surrounding tumors; Reduction of serum concentrations of prolactin; Clinical course of the disorder.
- Prolactin-secreting pituitary adenoma in neuroleptic treated patients with psychotic disorder. Melkersson, Kristina; Hulting, Anna-Lena // European Archives of Psychiatry & Clinical Neuroscience;2000 Supplement, Vol. 250 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on a study that described number of patients with psychoses and concomitant prolactin-secreting pituitary tumors. Information on prolactinomas; Patients and methods; Results and discussion.
- Quinagolide. // Reactions Weekly;6/25/2011, Issue 1357, p29
The article describes the case of a 33-year-old man with a prolactinoma who experienced psychotic symptoms during treatment with quinagolide.
- Flaxseed Ingestion Alters Ratio of Enterolactone Enantiomers in Human Serum. Saarinen, Niina M.; Smeds, Annika I.; Pe�alvo, Jos� L.; Nurmi, Tarja; Adlercreutz, Herman; M�kel�, Sari // Journal of Nutrition & Metabolism;2010, p1
Enterolactone (EL) is an enterolignan found in human subjects. In this pilot study, the enantiomeric ratios of serum EL were determined in serum from healthy adults during consumption of habitual diet, and after an 8-day supplementation with flaxseed (25 g/day). (-)EL dominated in all serum...
- Comparison of Urine and Serum Testing for Early Detection of Acetaminophen Ingestion. MacDaniel, Joe; Bebarta, Vikhyat S.; Schwertner, Harvey A.; Martin, James F. // Military Medicine;Apr2007, Vol. 172 Issue 4, p399
Acetaminophen is a common ingestant that is routinely screened for, with serum testing, after overdoses. We compared a modified, qualitative, colorimetric, o-cresol urine test for acetaminophen with the standard laboratory serum immunoassay. Twenty-nine adult volunteers were given 975 mg of...
- Discrimination of prolactinoma from hyperprolactinemic non-functioning adenoma. Jae Hong; Mi Lee; Sun Kim; Eun Lee // Endocrine (1355008X);Feb2010, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p140
AbstractÂ Â The objective of this study was to evaluate characteristics that discriminate prolactinoma from non-functioning pituitary macroadenoma with hyperprolactinemia. We included 117 patients with hyperprolactinemic pituitary macroadenomas. Patients were divided into three groups...
- ELEVATED PROLACTIN LEVELS AMONG ADULT MALE SEX OFFENDERS. Studer, Lea H.; Aylwin, A. Scott // Psychological Reports;Jun2006, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p841
A sample of 528 successive admissions to the Phoenix Program, a voluntary inpatient treatment program for sex offenders, was studied in regards to serum prolactin levels. Serum prolactins were obtained as part of a battery of endocrine tests. A substantial number of patients had prolactin levels...
- THE OUTCOME OF MACROPROLACTINOMAS RESISTANT TO DOPAMINE AGONISTS. Coculescu, M.; Anghel, Rodica; Trifanescu, Raluca; Voicu, Daniela; Karavitaki, Niki; Wass, J. A. H. // Acta Endocrinologica (1841-0987);Oct-Dec2005, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p423
Aim: We aimed to assess the final outcome of combined therapeutic approaches in patients with macroprolactinomas that were resistant to dopamine agonists (DA). Patients: Records of patients with macroprolactinoma hospitalized in the Institute of Endocrinology, Bucharest, between 1978-2005, were...