Sacco created timeless designs
- The man who shaped the quintessential car company. Meiners, Jens // Automotive News Europe;1/8/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p16
The article discusses the contributions of Bruno Sacco, member of the European Automotive Hall of Fame, to the automobile industry. He joined Mercedes-Benz in 1958 where he worked on classic automobiles such as the large 600 sedan. One of the two principles on which his design philosophy was...
- Sacco created the Mercedes look. Meiners, Jens // Automotive News;1/15/2007, Vol. 81 Issue 6238, p28DD
The article focuses on the association of automobile designer Bruno Sacco with Mercedes-Benz AG. Sacco is the man behind the classic Mercedes-Benz look and silhouette. He joined Mercedes in 1958 and worked on classic automobiles such as the large 600 sedan, which some regard as the predecessor...
- "Speaking"design. Miloscia, Craig // Machine Design;4/19/2012, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p42
The author details how the mechanical and visual-branch language (VBL) innovation of Mercedes-Benz is helping the firm hold a leading position in rankings of the world's most-valuable brands. He notes that VBL, in industrial design, refers to the unique alphabet of design elements such as shape,...
- Mercedes to hype value, price in advertising for new C class. Thomas, Charles M. // Automotive News;11/1/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5524, p41
Reports on Mercedez-Benz AG's marketing of its new C class. Emphasis on price and value; Cost of production from concept to rollout; Shift from nationwide to worldwide focus; Estimate of overall sales in 1994; Need for balance in leasing; Breakdown for C-class customers.
- C class marks the dawn of a `new' Mercedes. Serafin, Raymond // Automotive News;11/8/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5525, p18
Reports on Mercedes Benz AG's introduction of the C-class sedans on November 18, 1993. Advertising campaign; Price tags; Contrast with the introduction of the S class vehicles in 1991; Construction of a plant in Tuscaloosa, Alabama to produce first entry in the sport-utility segment beginning...
- M-B slates SLK for U.S. in '97. Henry, Jim // Automotive News;7/18/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5561, p2
Reports on the introduction of the new Mercedes-Benz SLK roadster to the United States in 1997. Inclusions in the company's product blitz; Launching of the new E class automobile in the fall of 1995; Debut of the sport-utility vehicle in September 1997; Company's working on a zero-emissions...
- M-B ponders A class outside Calif. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;12/19/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5583, p4
Reports on Mercedes-Benz's concerns over marketing its A-class car outside California. Product's mass appeal; Market research for 1995; California's zero-emission rules; Electric powertrain in A-class cars sold in California.
- M-B blazes new trail with SUV. Lawrence, Donna; Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;1/8/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5640, p8
Reports on the introduction by Mercedes-Benz of the AAVision, its concept of the sport-utility vehicle. Divided reactions to the said sport-utility concept; Marketing plans of the company regarding the said vehicle; Some of the features of the said automobile.
- Waiting for the sun. // AutoWeek;10/28/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 44, p3
Focuses on the launch of the redesigned 2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK. Changes made by engineers at Mercedes-Benz AG on the body of the car over the earlier version; Length, width and height compared to the earlier version; Emblems on the hood and decklid.