BP Amoco swings behind Turkey route
- BP pipeline hits trouble. // Ecologist;Jul2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p7
Reports the financial liability facing the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline project of BP Amoco in July 2003. Opposition to the project.
- DOT SET TO ACCEPT PROPOSED FIX OF LINE CITED IN FATAL ACCIDENT. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;08/14/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 7, p15
Reports the tentative acceptance of the BP Amoco pipeline integrity management plan by the Department of Transportation in the United States. Details on the Olympic Pipeline accident in Bellingham, Washington; Determination of pipeline conditions; Identification of potential defects; Enumeration...
- Fire Fears Lead To Bans At Gas Pumps. // Wireless Week;10/11/99, Vol. 5 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the plans of BP Amoco PLC and Chevron Corp. to ban wireless telephone use at gas pumps across the United States. Reasons for the move.
- BP Amoco Considers Canadian Pipeline. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May2000, Vol. 227 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on BP Amoco's plan to build a natural gas pipeline from the Arctic. Appointment of a veteran of Alaskan operations to head its Canadian unit; Former Canadian government minister Harvie Andre's plan to apply to Canada's National Energy Board for a natural gas pipeline project.
- BP Amoco to link with PetroChina on gas distribution. // Underground Construction;Oct2000, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the plan of PetroChina to form a joint venture with BP Amoco PLC to distribute natural gas in the Yangtze River delta in China. Percentage of stake bought by BP in PetroChina; Terms of the joint venture; Details on the Chinese government's plan to build a pipeline.
- Jordan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/21/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 20, p13
Announces that the finalization of a deal between a consortium and the Jordanian Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry for a pipeline project to bring natural gas from Egypt to Jordan was put on hold. Natural gas finds in Al-Risha; Aspects of agreement signed by a consortium of BP Amoco,...
- BP Amoco development an indicator of Atlantic Margin prospectivity. Potter, Neil // Offshore;Aug2000, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p51
Focuses on the offshore oil and gas well drilling operations of BP Amoco PLC in West of Shetlands area, Scotland. Plans of the company on the development of East Foinaven; Details on the Magnus EOR gas pipeline project; Description of the Clair oil reservoir.
- Whistleblowers confirm Journal Trans-Alaska Pipeline warning. // Earth Island Journal;Winter99/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p21
Reports that senior employees of Trans-Alaska Pipeline has revealed the possible rapture of the pipeline anytime. Evidence provided by the employees; Implications of the revelations; Details of the letter sent by whistleblowers to BP Amoco chief executive Sir John Browne in connection to the issue.
- BP CORROSION SPREADS BEYOND ALASKA. // Ecologist;Nov2006, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p11
The article reports on the potential corrosion problems of other pipelines of BP Amoco. Concerns regarding corrosion in some of the newest pipelines of BP highlight questions regarding the safety management culture of BP. Despite repeated warnings from its own managers and specialist corrosion...