- Befriending the night. DUNLAP, JULIE // Mothering;Nov/Dec98, Issue 91, p46
Gives advice on how parents could help their siblings who are afraid of the dark. Tips for safe and exciting nocturnal adventures.
- Dear Readers. Clark, Christine French // Highlights for Children;Oct2007, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Afraid of the Dark."
- Afraid of the Dark. ANTHONY, MICHELLE // Scholastic Parent & Child;Apr2012, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p60
The article focuses on children being scared of dark and what parents can do about it.
- Reducing a child's nighttime fears. Merritt, Jon E. // Elementary School Guidance & Counseling;Apr91, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p291
Describes ways to cope with a child's nighttime fears. Identification of causes of anxiety; Involvement and education of parents; Child education; Exploration and discussion of fear through art; Teaching of competence-related self-affirmation technique; Relaxation and positive visual imagery;...
- FEAR OF THE DARK. // Kirkus Reviews;7/1/2006, Vol. 74 Issue 13, p657
The article reviews the book "Fear of the Dark," by Walter Mosley.
- Ease Night Fright. PEVZNER, HOLLY // Parenting Early Years;Sep2011, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p27
The article offers information on strategies to prevent toddlers from prolonged anxiety and interrupted sleep such as giving a fun nightlight or a new stuffed toy to children.
- When your inner child can't sleep. Carey, Benedict; Mason, Michael // Health (Time Inc. Health);Sep96, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p20
Reports on a study at Stanford University's Sleep Disorders Center which shows that insomniacs' deep-seated fears of the dark went all the way back to vivid childhood nightmares. Role of fear of the dark in childhood-onset insomnia; Tips for insomniacs who still harbor their childhood fear of...
- Piglet's fear. Peckler, Ellen; Hayes, John // Children's Playmate Magazine;Sep94, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p4
Presents a short story about Piglet's fear of the dark.
- Darkness Slipped In. Bromley, Helen // Nursery World;4/30/2009, Vol. 109 Issue 4167, p17
The article offers step-by-step instructions for conducting cross-curricular activities to explore the fear of darkness among children.