ON A FIXED POINT THEOREM OF KRASNOSEL'SKII TYPE AND APPLICATION TO INTEGRAL EQUATIONS
- SOME REMARKS ON A FIXED POINT THEOREM OF KRASNOSELSKII. Avramescu, Cezar // Electronic Journal of Qualitative Theory of Differential Equatio;Mar2003, p1
Using a particular locally convex space and Schaefer's theorem, a generalization of Krasnoselskii's fixed point Theorem is proved. This result is further applied to certain nonlinear integral equation proving the existence of a solution on IR[sub+] = [0, + 8).
- Application of Fixed point theorem to nonlinear integral equations. Kakde, R. V.; N., Patil A. // Indian Streams Research Journal;May2012, Vol. 2 Issue 4, Special section p1
Nonlinear integral equations have been a topic of great interest among the mathematicians working in the field of non linear analysis since long time. Krasnoselskii and references given therein. Nonlinear functional integral equations have also been discussed in the literature. e.g....
- Fixed Point Theorems in Ordered Banach Spaces and Applications to Nonlinear Integral Equations. Agarwal, Ravi P.; Hussain, Nawab; Taoudi, Mohamed-Aziz // Abstract & Applied Analysis;2012, p1
We present some new common fixed point theorems for a pair of nonlinear mappings defined on an ordered Banach space. Our results extend several earlier works. An application is given to show the usefulness and the applicability of the obtained results.
- On Existence and Uniqueness of Solutions of a Nonlinear Integral Equation. Gordji, M. Eshaghi; Baghani, H.; Baghani, O. // Journal of Applied Mathematics;2011, Special section p1
The purpose of this paper is to study the existence of fixed point for a nonlinear integral operator in the framework of Banach space X := C([a, b],Rn]. Later on, we give some examples of applications of this type of results.
- EXISTENCE RESULTS FOR SOME NONLINEAR INTEGRAL EQUATIONS. Lauran, Monica // Miskolc Mathematical Notes;2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p67
In this paper we shall establish sufficient conditions for the existence of solutions of the integral equation of Volterra type and for its solvability in Banach space and CL: The main tools used in our study are the nonexpansive operator technique, contraction principle and Schaefer's fixed...
- Quasi-weak convergence with applications in ordered Banach space. Yang Guangchong // Applied Mathematics & Mechanics;Nov1999, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p1291
In the paper quasi-weak convergence is introduced in ordered Banach space and it is weaker than weak convergence. Besed on it, the fixed point existence theorem of increasing operator is proved without the suppose of continuity and compactness in the sense of norm and weak compactness and is...
- COINCIDENCE AND COMMON FIXED POINTS FOR GENERALIZED CONTRACTION MULTI-VALUED MAPPINGS. // Journal of Computational Analysis & Applications;Jan2011, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p362
No abstract available.
- PERIODICITY AND STABILITY IN NEUTRAL NONLINEAR DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS WITH FUNCTIONAL DELAY. Dib, Youssef M.; Maroun, Mariette R.; Raffoul, Youssef N. // Electronic Journal of Differential Equations;2005, Vol. 2005, p1
We study the existence and uniqueness of periodic solutions and the stability of the zero solution of the nonlinear neutral differential equation d/dt x(t) = -a(t)x(t) + d/dt Q(t, x(t - g(t))) + G(t, x(t), x(t - g(t))). In the process we use integrating factors and convert the given neutral...
- Krasnoselskii-type fixed-point theorems for weakly sequentially continuous mappings. Garcia-Falset, J.; Latrach, K. // Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society;Feb2012, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p25
In this article, we establish some fixed-point results of Krasnoselskii type for the sum of two weakly sequentially continuous mappings that extend previous ones. In the last section, we apply such results to study the existence of solutions to a nonlinear integral equation modelled in a Banach...