Estate and gift taxation of Puerto Rico individuals
- Gifts which revert to the estate and the three-year rule. Sorkin, Mitchell // CPA Journal;Aug95, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p73
Focuses on the use of lifetime gifts to reduce eventual estate taxes. Taxation requirements of gifts; Appreciation or income generated from excluded gifts; Gift splitting; Marital deductions; Possible reversions to the estate and of the three-year rule.
- Don't look discounted gift trust in mouth. Jelley, Colin // Money Marketing;8/7/2003, p33
Focuses on inheritance tax treatment of discounted gift trusts in Great Britain. Role of this arrangements in enabling investors to give away assets but keep the right to an income without creating a gift reservation; Laws relating to gift with reservation; Implications on inheritance tax...
- What If The Estate Tax Ends? Blazzard, Norse N.; Hasenauer, Judith A. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/16/99, Vol. 103 Issue 33, p7
Discusses the estate tax in the United States. Tax legislation that could modify or end estate and gift taxes; Reason estate taxes have often been characterized as the only voluntary tax imposed by the government.
- Estate And Gift Taxes Are Essential. Bobo, Jack // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/13/99, Vol. 103 Issue 37, p39
Discusses the importance of estate and gift taxes in the United States. Plan of the Congress to scrap provisions in the tax code that tax estates at death and gifts during lifetime; Source of revenue in times of war; Variations of the death tax; System for the dispersal of power.
- The incredible shrinking unified credit. Hatfield, Steven A. // Reporter;Mar92, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
Discusses unified credit, which is the credit every American citizen and resident has against federal estate and gift taxes. Why the credit is referred to as unified credit; Reference to the position of Congress on the unified credit; Details on the levying of estate taxes in the United States.
- New York Times Article Didn't Print All The Facts That Fit The Case. Friedman, Douglas I. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/9/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 36, p41
Focuses on a secret tax-saving scheme wherein wealthy individuals avoid substantial estate and gift taxes. Review process of private letter ruling.
- Transferee Liability. // Practical Accountant;Apr2000, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p14
Reports that individuals who received stock from a decedent within three years of his death are transferees of property and personally liable for unpaid estate taxes due to the latter's failure to include gift taxes paid on the stock gifts in the estate.
- Death and gift taxes. // Crain's New York Business;06/29/98, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p42
Presents statistical information on the amount of money collected from estate and gift taxes per capital.
- REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON ESTATE AND GIFT TAXES. Newman, Lawrence // Tax Lawyer;Summer78, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p950
Reports the activities of the committee on estate and gift taxes in the United States. Regulations of the Technical Corrections Act; Proposals in the estate and gift tax area; Survey on estate and gift taxation developments.