Estate and gift taxation of Puerto Rico individuals
- Don't look discounted gift trust in mouth. Jelley, Colin // Money Marketing;8/7/2003, p33
Focuses on inheritance tax treatment of discounted gift trusts in Great Britain. Role of this arrangements in enabling investors to give away assets but keep the right to an income without creating a gift reservation; Laws relating to gift with reservation; Implications on inheritance tax...
- What If The Estate Tax Ends? Blazzard, Norse N.; Hasenauer, Judith A. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/16/99, Vol. 103 Issue 33, p7
Discusses the estate tax in the United States. Tax legislation that could modify or end estate and gift taxes; Reason estate taxes have often been characterized as the only voluntary tax imposed by the government.
- Estate And Gift Taxes Are Essential. Bobo, Jack // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/13/99, Vol. 103 Issue 37, p39
Discusses the importance of estate and gift taxes in the United States. Plan of the Congress to scrap provisions in the tax code that tax estates at death and gifts during lifetime; Source of revenue in times of war; Variations of the death tax; System for the dispersal of power.
- New York Times Article Didn't Print All The Facts That Fit The Case. Friedman, Douglas I. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/9/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 36, p41
Focuses on a secret tax-saving scheme wherein wealthy individuals avoid substantial estate and gift taxes. Review process of private letter ruling.
- Death and gift taxes. // Crain's New York Business;06/29/98, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p42
Presents statistical information on the amount of money collected from estate and gift taxes per capital.
- REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON ESTATE AND GIFT TAXES. Newman, Lawrence // Tax Lawyer;Summer78, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p950
Reports the activities of the committee on estate and gift taxes in the United States. Regulations of the Technical Corrections Act; Proposals in the estate and gift tax area; Survey on estate and gift taxation developments.
- Speedy growth in estate and gift tax receipts. P.D. // Practical Accountant;May97, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p10
Discusses the projections of rapid growth in estate and gift tax receipts in the United States between 1997 and 2007. Compilation of estimates by the Joint Committee on Taxation of the US Congress; Increase in the number of taxable estates; Corresponding rise in total estate, gift and...
- Bi-partisan bill to phase out estaste/gift tax introduced... // Insurance Advocate;06/13/98, Vol. 109 Issue 24, p13
Reports that the introduced bi-partisan House bill that would phase out the estate and gift tax law has won the plaudits of the Independent Insurance Agents Association of America. Provisions of the bill; Implication of the enactment of the legislation.
- REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON ESTATE AND GIFT TAXES. Lewis, James B. // Tax Lawyer;Summer69, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p732
Analysis on the proposals for estate and gift tax reform in the United States. Development of a possible committee draft of resolutions; Guidelines to the effect of the charitable deductions; Eligibility for exemption from estate tax.