REGULATING LITIGATION UNDER THE PROTECTION OF LAWFUL COMMERCE IN ARMS ACT: ECONOMIC ACTIVITY OR REGULATORY NULLITY?
- Debate: Gun Control in the United States. Boylan, Michael; Kates, Don B.; Lindsey, Ronald W.; Gugala, Zbigniew // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Dec2013, Vol. 471 Issue 12, p3934
The article discusses the issue of gun control, gunshot injuries and its treatment in the U.S as debated by guest editors of the periodical including Michael Boylan, Don B. Kates and Zbigniew Gugala. It focuses on the presence of gun possession as greater problem in the U.S. than other developed...
- A Virginia handgun law has disrupted illegal gun trafficking. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;8/4/95, Vol. 87 Issue 175, p2
Reports a slowdown in illegal gun trafficking along the East Coast of Virginia following implementation of a handgun law in the state.
- GUN CONTROL. // International Law Update;Sep2000, Vol. 6, p137
Focuses on the Canadian Supreme Court's upholding of the constitutionality of the 1995 Firearms Act in citing cross-border trade in illegal guns with the United States.
- CONCEALABLE FIREARMS AND EX-FELONS. // Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology;Spring1979, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p73
This article looks at the scope of the provisions regarding the possession of concealable firearms by ex-felons in California. For over half a century, California has statutorily proscribed the possession of concealable firearms by ex-felons. Litigation arising under this statute, section 12021...
- Illinois Gun Lawsuits Rejected. Nicholas, Adele // Corporate Legal Times;Feb2005, Vol. 15 Issue 159, p56
The article reports that the Supreme Court of Illinois dismissed two closely watched public nuisance lawsuits filed by the city of Chicago against gunmakers November 18, 2004. In her decisions in Chicago v. Beretta Corp. and Young v. Bryco Arms, Justice Rita Garman said there was no legal basis...
- Trayvon Martin Versus George Zimmerman, Defense Versus Prosecution. MARSH, TAYLOR // Moderate Voice;5/17/2012, p15
The article presents the author's views on the case concerning the death of Trayvon Martin. He discusses the case wherein George Zimmerman allegedly killed Martin by gunshot to the chest in Florida. He cites several articles on the case which revealed the problems with being for one side without...
- Gun Control: Options For Improving the National Instant Criminal Background Check System: GGD-00-56. // GAO Reports;4/12/2000, p1
This report provides information on the effectiveness of the Brady Act's phase I (interim Brady) and phase II (permanent Brady) provisions in preventing the sale of firearms to prohibited persons, such as criminals or illegal aliens. Under interim Brady, which went into effect in 1994 and...
- A View To a Drill. Greteman, Blaine; Gumbel, Peter // Time International (South Pacific Edition);2/10/2003, Issue 5, p16
Reports that Germany had sold a drill capable of making cannons to Iraq. Export embargo which was broken; Bernd Schompeter who was jailed for the sale; Mention of previous weapons equipment sales made by Germany to Iraq and Libya; Investigation of other sales of the same nature.
- The Great Northern Firearms Farce. Petzal, David E. // Field & Stream;Jun2000, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p44
Reports that the Firearms Act which was passed in Canada in 1996 has not been effective in deterring crime.