WHO NEEDS A CONSTITUTION? IN DEFENSE OF THE NON-DECISION CONSTITUTION-MAKING TACTIC IN ISRAEL
- The Rise and Rise of Commonwealth Constitutional Power. Zifcak, Spencer // Legaldate;Mar2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Explains the expansion of the Commonwealth constitutional power in Australia.
- PRESIDENT VERSUS PRIME MINISTER. Handley, Ken // Quadrant Magazine;Jun2003, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on the constitutional history of Trinidad and its lessons for Australia. Information on the procedure for the removal of the president under the 1976 Constitution; Discussion of the constitutional problems in Trinidad; Political powers of the governor-general appointed by the Queen.
- Lone Star Discovery. Landers, Chris // Governing;Dec2004, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p17
Reports on the discovery of the original draft of the constitution of the Republic of Texas. Incident that led to the discovery of the handwritten draft; Historical background of the written constitution.
- GOVERNMENT AND POLITICAL CONDITIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Ghana;Jun2005, p7
Reports on the establishment of the Republic of Ghana. Provision of a charter for the republican democratic government; Establishment of the concept of power sharing; Responsibilities of the Office of the Presidency together with the Council of State.
- Die britische Ontologie-Debatte und ihre Bedeutung fï¿½r die Diskussion ï¿½ber die Politikwissenschaft in ï¿½sterreich. Bartenberger, Martin // OZP-Oesterreichische Zeitschrift fï¿½r Politikwissenschaft;2012, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p409
This article continues and expands the discussion about the situation and the future of political science in Austria. It has two aims: First, it wants to make the Austrian political science community aware of the British debate on ontology. And second, the article shows that, from this debate,...
- English questions. Aughey, Arthur // Prospect;Aug2006, Issue 125, p38
The article provides information regarding the assertion of the autonomy of populism in England. The history of Conservative politics helped in holding back English populism within a culture of social compliance. On the other hand, labor politics also help English populism to be incorporated...
- HISTORY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Bhutan;Aug2004, p2
Focuses on the historical background of Bhutan. Political history of the country; Reason behind the consolidation of Bhutan in 1616; Elected hereditary ruler in the country in 1907.
- HISTORY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Benin;Jun2005, p3
Presents an overview of the history of Benin. Origin of the country; Description of post-independence politics; Principal government officials.
- Democratic founding: We the people and the othersâ€”A reply to Hans AgnÃ©. Tushnet, Mark // International Journal of Constitutional Law;Jul2012, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p862
The article discusses the merits of the conceptual and empiracal bases for the argument that external constituents can sometimes play an important or even necessary part in creating an internally legitimate democratic state. It examines the historical data as well as practical issues that...