Kyoto comes home
- One giant leap for Kyoto, one small step for global warming. // Power Economics;Sep2001, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the control of greenhouse gas emissions by the Kyoto Protocol. Cost of the implementation of the Kyoto Protocol; Importance of environmental protection; Total cost of climate change.
- Understanding the greenhouse gas debate. Bartlam, Martin // Power Economics;Jun2001, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p21
Focuses on effects of the proclamation of United States President George W. Bush on the agreement at Kyoto in 1997 on greenhouse gases. Continuity of people to work on the principles agreed at Kyoto; Introduction of flexible mechanisms into the Kyoto Protocol; Miscommunication in the importance...
- Looking for the Silver Lining. Palmer, Harriet // New Zealand Forest Industries;Nov2001, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p15
Focuses on the opportunities of the Kyoto Protocol in New Zealand. Intention of the government to ratify the protocol; Contribution of the country on world greenhouse gass emissions; Minimum number of countries needed to start the protocol. INSETS: Slow down says cross-industry group.;Have you...
- Kickoff in Kyoto. Normile, Dennis; Stover, Dawn // Popular Science;Mar98, Vol. 252 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on the impact of the Kyoto Protocol environmental agreement. Efforts of economists and politicians; Highlights of the agreement; Decision of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change; Impact of humanity of the environment; Efforts to address greenhouse gas emissions; Further studies.
- Green legislation or green technology? Thomas, Eurof // International Power Generation;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the condition of power generation in the United States. Development of technologies to reduce greenhouse gases; Accounts on the development of Country-Specific Model for Inter-temporal Climate by Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI); Perception of chief executive officer Kurt...
- The greenhouse gas trade. Agarwal, Anil; Narian, Sunita // UNESCO Courier;Oct98, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on the international cooperation concerning the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. Information on the Kyoto Protocol signed in Japan in December 1997; Need for setting up a Clean Development Mechanism to encourage industrialized countries to invest in carbon-efficient technology in...
- Pollution on the cheap. Boukhari, Sophie // UNESCO Courier;Oct98, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p12
Presents information on the Kyoto Protocol which was endorsed on December 10, 1997 by the governments worldwide. Requirements for the greenhouse gas emissions under this agreement; Concerns of the European countries on the implications of the agreement.
- Sanity at last! Tucker, Brian // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Oct97, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p13
Focuses on the Kyoto meeting that deals with the effect of increased levels of greenhouse gases on climate. Reports that contain comprehensive reviews of the greenhouse science; Economic considerations discussed in the conference; Position of the Australian government on the Kyoto policy.
- The inconclusive cop. Owen, James // Electric Perspectives;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p68
Reports on the Fourth Conference of Parties (COP) in Buenos Aires, Argentina that was intended help implement December 1997's Kyoto accord which would commit the United States to reducing its annual greenhouse gas emissions. Criticisms on the outcome of the conference; Views on COP.