Politicians', bureaucrats' drug plans deemed too costly for public formularies
- Hoping for our soldiers to die. Nickerson, Michael // Esprit de Corps;Oct2010, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p13
No abstract available.
- The Big Parade. Brady, James // Advertising Age;5/20/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 21, p28
Presents the author's narrative about how his friend received proper treatment 40 years after he was wounded while he was a first lieutenant in the First Marine Division stationed in Korea. Treatment received at an aid station, a hospital ship and at St. Albans Naval Hospital in New York;...
- Origins of Military Medical Care As an Essential Source of Morale. Vogt, Karen S. // Military Medicine;Jun2015, Vol. 180 Issue 6, p604
The author reflects on the origin of military medical care as an essential source of morale among soldiers. Topics discussed include the elements of effective medical care contributing to morale which were present as early as the 17th to 18th centuries such as the evacuation of the wounded, a...
- Defending The Mental Health Of Our Military And Veterans. CARDIN, BEN // Veterans' Vision;2012, p14
In the article, the author discusses the need to protect the mental health of the U.S. military soldiers and veterans. He cites that the federal government should provide the best medical care available to the soldiers on the battlefield and when they return home to heal the psychological wounds...
- `WE HAVE MET THE ENEMY, AND HE IS US'. Wilson, George C. // National Journal;9/02/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 36, p2739
Discusses problems related to the health benefits of United States (U.S.) soldiers. Tricare health insurance program for veterans; U.S. military budget; Causes of the readiness problems of the U.S.
- HEALING HEROES. Smith, Brian P. // Officer;Nov2008, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p42
The article discusses the medical care for wounded warriors under the Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom. It is said that servicemembers may go their military treatment facility through the local Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) office. It is cited that the care for...
- 'There Is Help for Us'. Pinto, MIchelle // Officer;Aug2008, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p31
The article reports on the foundation of Rosen Family Wellness Center for law enforcement and military personnel and their families. It is said that through the program, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and other health care professionals provide behavioral health counseling to...
- 'They've Given Me My Life Back. Minton, Eric // Officer;Aug2008, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p33
The article reports on the services given by the Lakeshore Foundation in Birmingham, Alabama. Lakeshore foundation is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of individuals with physical disabilities through fitness, recreation, and athletics. In 2006, it is said...
- Offer Therapy Mix For Veterans With Traumatic Brain Injuries. // Eli's Rehab Report;Jan2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p7
The article offers information on the SHARE Initiative therapy program in helping veterans and soldiers heal from traumatic brain injuries (TBI).