Ciba teams up on organic electronics
- Ciba signs agreement with Cathay Biotechnology. // Tribology & Lubrication Technology;Jul2004, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p49
Reports on the agreement of Ciba Specialty Chemicals to globally market the corrosion inhibitors of Cathay Biotechnology Co. Ltd. to the lubricants, fuels, coolants and related markets. Function of the Ciba IRGACOR line of corrosion inhibitors; Significance of the partnership agreement.
- Ciba jv increases Saudi unit. // European Chemical News;5/19/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2053, p38
Reports on the plan of Ciba Specialty Chemicals to partner with Astra Polymers to build an extension to Astra's polymer compounding plant in Saudi Arabia. Terms of the deal; Implication of the deal to Ciba.
- Ciba planning to add a second pigments joint venture in China. Carroll, Susan // Chemical Market Reporter;08/10/98, Vol. 254 Issue 6, p17
Details Ciba Specialty Chemicals' (CSC) contract for its second pigment joint venture with Xiangtan Chemical Industry Research and Design Institute, under the company Xiangtan Chemicals and Pigments (XCP) Co. Ltd. Comments of Brendan Cummins, president of CSC's Region China division, on the...
- News shorts from the pulp and paper world. // PPI: Pulp & Paper International;Jun2005, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p14
Reports global developments in paper industry. Features of the Greenfield Shanghai Chung Loong containerboard mill; Change of the name of Metso Drives to Moventas following CapMan's acquisition of the company from Metso Paper; Opening of the research and development center of Ciba Specialty...
- five minute News Watch. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/7/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 6, p2
The article presents recent developments related to the chemical industry as of February 7, 2005. After a difficult 2004, Ciba Specialty Chemicals Corp. faces major challenges this year as well. Its biggest challenge is a need to push up selling prices to compensate for higher raw material...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // European Chemical News;11/24/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2078, p28
Presents news briefs related to chemical technology as of November 24, 2003. Technical center opened by Ciba Specialty Chemicals in Helsinki, Finland; Development of a styrene/butadiene/styrene polymer by Badische Anilin und Soda-Fabrik AG; Branch office opened by LGC Promochem in Italy.
- Specialties brief. Krivyakina, Marina // Chemical Market Reporter;04/07/97, Vol. 251 Issue 14, p20
Reports on Ciba Specialty Chemicals' capacity expansion at its site in Lampertheim, Germany. Total investments; Total capacity at plant.
- Ciba to build second Indian antioxidants plant. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/03/98, Vol. 254 Issue 5, p18
Reports that Ciba Specialty Chemicals India Ltd. will invest about $5.2 million to build its second antioxidants plant in Santa Monica, Goa, India.
- Ciba specialty offers PE, PP stabilizers. Lauzon, Michael // Plastics News;3/10/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p21
Reports that the Ciba Specialty Chemical Corporation has introduced a high-performance antioxidant and processing stabilizers for polypropylene and polyethylene. What the product is based on; Components of the product; Background details on the company.