NGOs urge Shell to take clean-up responsibility
- Shale Gale Continues. Westervel, Robert // Chemical Week;6/6/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 15, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the implication of Shell Chemical's announcement of an Appalachia cracker for the planned U.S. ethylene expansion and another on the rebound in U.S. chemical...
- Shell Chemical to Drop Out Of the Oxo Alcohols Market. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/08/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 13, p3
Reports that Shell Chemical Co. will withdraw from the merchant oxo alcohols market in North, South and Central America, effective December 31, 2001. Reason for the move; Factors that affected the oxo alcohols industry in 2001.
- Shell in talks to sell off its vinyls businesses. // Chemical Business;May/Jun98, Vol. 12 Issue 5/6, p117
Reports on Shell Chemical Co.'s plan to sell its vinyls businesses. Comments by Jean-Pierre Duquesne, vice president of polymeric olefins integration; Units included in the divestment plan.
- Shell Deer Park cracker expected onstream this week. Terry, Larry // Chemical Week;2/4/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 5, p13
Reports that Shell Chemical's steam cracker at Deer Park, is expected to be back onstream at full capacity. Reason for the shut down of the unit; Completion of the reconstruction.
- Accident causes revealed. Canning, Kathie; Harrigan, Kate // Pollution Engineering;Aug98, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p3
Informs on an investigation report released by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regarding a chemical accident on June 22, 1997 at the Shell Chemical Company in Texas. Issues regarding the cause of the...
- ICI and Shell launch global alliance in PU. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/26/98, Vol. 254 Issue 17, p8
Focuses on ICI's intention of concentrating more resources on the development and marketing of new polyurethane products through the creation of a global alliance with Shell. Terms of the proposed deal; Company's completion of a similar deal with BF Goodrich Co. in 1997.
- Shell to expand Geismar PDO unit as part of polyester scaleup program. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/23/97, Vol. 251 Issue 25, p11
Reports on Shell Chemical Co.'s expansion of its capacity for propanediol (PDO) at its plant in Geismar, Louisiana. PDO as a raw material for polytrimethylene terephthalate (PTT); Implications of the planned capacity increase; Moves by other firms to target the emerging PTT market.
- Shell to Forge Ahead With LAO Plant at Its Complex in Louisiana. Greenberg, Karl // Chemical Market Reporter;01/24/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 4, p1
Reports that the plans of Shell Chemical Co. to build an additional facility at its Geismar, Louisiana site have been approved. Overview of the project; Technology to be featured at the linear alpha olefins plant; Other industry expansions.
- Petrochemicals' High Noon. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;3/29/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 13, p5
Offers views on the restructuring in petrochemical industry. Companies that were involved in business deals; Impact of the revival of Asian demand in 1999 on the industry; Percentage of return on capital employed by Shell's petrochemical business.