TDG trailblazes Euro rail route
- LA-Long Beach Terminals Extend Gate Hours. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);8/9/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 32, p8
The article reports that terminal operators in Los Angeles and Long Beach, California have extended gate hours and initiated appointment systems to address early signs of congestion as the peak shipping season starts.
- Halifax Looks to India. Peters, Tom // Traffic World;10/23/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p22
The article reports that the Halifax Port Authority in Nova Scotia, has hired an agency in Mumbai to promote the port in India. The move reflects the agency's attempt to position itself as a logical gateway on the East Coast of North America to handle the booming trade with India. It also offers...
- What a difference equipment makes. // Caribbean Business;12/27/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 52, p46
Focuses on the importance of industrial equipment to the shipping industry in Puerto Rico. Influence on the financial performance of the industry; Availability of vehicle transport module accommodation; Automation of terminals.
- Preparing for Megaships. Mongelluzzo, Bill // Traffic World;11/17/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 46, p48
Reports that there are many changes that terminal operators in Los Angeles and Long Beach, California are having to make as they prepare for a wave of container ships bigger than any port has ever seen. Plan of China Shipping Container Line to launch the parade of big ships into Southern...
- Troubled waters. Koh, Barbara // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);07/13/98 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 132 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on summer 1998 shipping trade in Hong Kong. The port's capability; The threat posed by Guangdong province in southern China; Necessity of offering more sophisticated shipping services; Hong Kong terminal operators' purchase of stakes in mainland ports.
- Ports Search for Ways to Stay on Top. Tucker, Ross // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/21/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 60, Special Section p12
The article reports on the improvement of ports and terminals in Hong Kong and Shanghai, China. The factor driving port improvement in Hong Kong is mentioned. The benefits offered by mainland ports to shippers are cited. Information on the Super-Connectivity Initiative and Yangshan Deepwater...
- Great Lakes Ports Open. // Traffic World;4/23/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 16, p32
The article reports on the inauguration of the Great Lakes Ports in the U.S. The is 600 acre and a maritime industrial park on Lake Michigan 20 miles from Chicago, Illinois. It has 12 ship berths and 25 tenants companies. It would launch the transport season on Great Lakes trade between the U.S....
- Nice Numbers. Fabey, Michael // Traffic World;10/30/2000, Vol. 264 Issue 5, p41
Reports that Charleston, South Carolina, has emerged as the top ocean container export center for South America-bound cargo in the U.S. in 2000. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics; Implications on transportation.
- Shipping GAINS. Page, Paul // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);2/27/2012, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented wherein the editor discusses the cover story of the issue regarding the question of how vessels owned by transportation carriers can meet their power needs at terminals while limiting their environmental impact on the communities around them.