- Supply Chain. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;2/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p34
The article presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of March 5, 2006. Switzerland's Kuehne & Nagel is to build a distribution centre at the Dubai Logistics City, which it intends to use as a base for expansion in the Middle East and India. Germany's Oiltanking is expanding its facility...
- Supply Chain. // ICIS Chemical Business;5/14/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 66, p35
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry supply chain. Norwegian shipowner Eitzen Chemical has taken delivery of the Sichem New York vessel. Ocean Tankers has taken delivery of the first of four double hulled chemical tankers. Kuehne & Nagel is continuing to expand in...
- LOGISTICS & DISTRIBUTION. Burridge, Elaine // European Chemical News;10/3/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2165, p18
Presents updates on the chemical industry as of October 3, 2005. Reopening of the U.S. terminals of Dutch logistics group Vopak; Amount invested in the expansion of the logistics center of Kuehne & Nagel in Germany.
- Booze blow gives Bibby headache. Nash, Sally // Motor Transport;2/22/2007, p7
The article reports on the effect of the decision of Anheuser-Busch to switch its drinks distribution to Kuehne + Nagel on Bibby Distribution. Up to 140 jobs at Bibby could be at risk following the loss of the contract. Efforts have been launched by Bibby to either secure a new contract at...
- Supply chain. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;12/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 46, p41
The article offers news briefs related to logistics and distribution in the chemical industry. Sweden's HIP Technologies has signed an exclusive deal with Supelco, a division of U.S. life science company Sigma-Aldrich, for the global distribution of analytical and preparative molecularly...
- Distribution. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/24/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 12, p21
The article reports on the improving performance of the chemical distribution sector in 2010. According to the author, the financial performance of distributors in the first quarter of the year improved, a sign that the sector's recovery will be sustainable. Despite continued uncertainty,...
- Distributors Face Tough Task in Dislodging Local Independents. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;6/10/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the challenges faced by leading chemical distributors in dislodging independent competitors in the European national and regional markets. Plan of Brenntag to expand its European logistics network; Decision of Vopak to spin off its chemical distribution; Objective of Univar.
- New Univar CEO seeks to take distribution global. WESTERVELT, ROBERT // Chemical Week;11/19/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 29, p32
The article focuses on Univar chemical distribution company's chief executive officer (CEO) Erik Fyrwald and his expansion strategy for Univar. The CEO talks about the challenge of being a global distributor in the chemical market and about the company's business in China. The article also...
- Kuehne & Nagel looks to the Pacific. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);2/17/2003, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p33
Reports on the plans of freight forwarder Kuehne & Nagel for a trans-Pacific trade. Details of the operations of the company; Sales approach of the company; Competitors of the company.