Acetone may have reached its peak
- Caojing phenol-BPA unit. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;11/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 467, p20
Reports on the negotiation between Gaoqiao Petrochemical with Mitsui Chemicals to integrate a bisphenol A joint-venture project with the former's phenol-acetone project in Caojing, Shanghai, China. Terms of the agreement; Other plans of the companies.
- Asian phenol-acetone supplies to tighten. // Chemical Business;Jun2009, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p94
The article focuses on the June, 2009 tightening of phenol-acetone supply in Asia due to the scheduled maintenance of Japanese, South Korean and Chinese plants. The Kumho P&B Chemicals will be shutting three phenol acetone lines in Yeosu which used to operate at 85% capacity and the Mitsui...
- Acetone Production Is at Risk, Despite Tight Supply and Increasing Price. Song Jiwei // China Chemical Reporter;4/21/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p15
The article reports on the condition of the acetone industry in China as of 2013. Topics discussed include the shortage of acetone supply, the risk of a market downturn, and the continuous increase of acetone prices. A chart is also provided which depicts leading producers in the country...
- Asian rubber demand hots up. Yan, Helen; Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;2/26/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 55, p24
The article reports that major butadiene rubber (BR) manufacturers are anticipating a price increase for March 2007 cargoes due to the rise of Asian natural rubber prices and an anticipated increase in demand in the second quarter of 2007. BR producers have seen an increase in spot enquiries for...
- Bayer negotiates in China on synthetic rubber deal. Warren, J. Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;06/02/97, Vol. 251 Issue 22, p5
Reports on the proposed joint venture between Bayer AG and Sinopec Shanghai GaoOaio Petrochemical Corp. to make synthetic rubber in China. Terms of the joint venture contract being negotiated.
- Infineum Plans China Blending JV. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;1/17/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p15
Unveils the plan of Infineum company to form a lube additives blending joint venture with Sinopec Shanghai Gao Qiao Petrochemical company in China. Details of the deal; Significance of the move.
- Gaoqiao Expands Phenol Capacity. // China Chemical Reporter;5/6/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p27
The article reports on the expansion of the 60,000 tonnes per annum (t/a) phenol unit of Sinopec Shanghai Gaoqiao Petrochemical Co. to 100,000 t/a through technical renovations in China.
- Gaoqiao to Overhaul Crude Oil Units. // China Chemical Reporter;3/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p10
The article reports on the efforts of Sinopec subsidiary companies to overhaul their crude oil units in China. Sinopec Shanghai Gaoqiao Petrochemical Co. Ltd. closed its eight million tons per annum crude oil distillation unit to overhaul it in its old site from March 5, 2006. Sinopec Zhenhai...
- Gaoqiao Petrochemical Launches Flue Gas Desulfurization Project. // China Chemical Reporter;1/6/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the construction of the flue gas desulfurization project of Sinopec Shanghai Gaoqiao Petrochemical Co. Ltd. which started on December 3, 2007 in China. The environmental protection project will help Shanghai to achieve the target of reducing the emission of sulfur dioxide...