East Med prices plunge
- Softer Resin Prices Expected. Sherman, Manolis // Plastics Technology;Dec2012, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p38
The article reports on the price trends for some resins such as polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), polystyrene (PS), and polyvinyl chloride (PVC). An overview is provided highlighting lackluster domestic demand and dwindling exports. The stability of PE contract prices is cited along with...
- Hikes set for falling PS prices. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;5/29/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p3
The article reports that average selling prices in the North American polystyrene (PS) market have fallen since March 1, 2006, but suppliers are trying to reverse the trend with increases of 6 cents per pound set for June 1. Meanwhile in the polycarbonate market, post-hurricane price gains have...
- Asia PS prices stay weak on demand. // ICIS Chemical Business;12/12/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 19, p21
The article reports on a drop in polystyrene (PS) prices in Asia due to persistent poor demand and still weak feedstock styrene monomer (SM) prices.
- Commodity Resin Prices Flat or Lower. Manolis Sherman, Lilli // Plastics Technology;Dec2015, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p55
The article takes a look at price trends for commodity resins in 2015. It notes that prices for polyethylene (PE) and polystyrene (PS) materials remained stable in October 2015 with PE affected by restocking in September, while PS prices faced ongoing competition among suppliers. It cites that...
- US polystyrene contracts rise 3 cents/lb. Klump, Michelle // ICIS Chemical Business;11/11/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 15, p20
The article discusses the increase in U.S. polystyrene (PS) contract prices on an average of 3 cents per pound for all grades in October 2013 based on tight supply and strong seasonal demand and based on a push by PS producers to improve margins.
- EPS soars, but margins low. // Asian Chemical News;2/28/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 480, p24
Looks at the impact of the continuous increase in Asian expandable polystyrene prices (EPS) on producers' margins. Comparison between the EPS price increase in the Southeast and the Northeast; Opinion of various producers on the issue; Forecast on styrene costs.
- Prices rise for PP, solid PS; additional increases pending. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;2/24/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 52, p3
Reports on the rise in prices for polypropylene (PP) and solid polystyrene(PS) from January 1, 2003. Problems faced by PP and PS manufacturers; Additional price increases expected by PP and PS buyers; Percentage of increase in prices for extrusion grades of high-impact PS.
- Asia EPS prices feel the pressure. ONG, CLIVE; MIRASOL, FELIZA // ICIS Chemical Business;6/4/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 20, p21
The article focuses on spot prices for expandable polystyrene (EPS) in Asia for June 2012 and mentions that softening demand due to weak economic conditions in the eurozone and the U.S. and continued weakness in the upstream styrene monomer market has put downward pressure on EPS spot prices.
- Soaring Resin Market. // China Chemical Reporter;7/16/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p16
Reports on the increase in the production of domestic low density polyethylene and high density polyethylene producers. Impact of tight source and low inventory on the market; Prices of domestic polypropylene; Growth in the prices of domestic polystyrene prices.