Bayer ups Shanghai TDI capacity
- Germany's TDI push. FINCH, HEIDI // ICIS Chemical Business;3/19/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 11, p32
The article reports on upcoming toluene di-isocyanate (TDI) facilities in Germany. German producers BASF SE and Bayer MaterialScience LLC (BMS) both have established isocyanate production sites in Germany, and they could benefit from replacing the smaller units with newer, larger, more...
- TDI unit operating soon. White, Liz // Urethanes Technology;Dec/Jan2007, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p12
The article offers an update on the efforts of Bayer MaterialScience (BMS) LLC to restore its production unit in Baytown, Texas. BMS is moving fast to restore production of toluene disocyanate (TDI) by January 2007, at a line at Baytown that was damaged in an explosion, according to Michael...
- BASF Selects Ludwigshafen for Integrated TDI Complex. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;1/16/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 2, p18
The article reports on the selection of Ludwigshafen, Germany as the site for a toluene diisocyanate (TDI) plant by chemical company BASF. Topics discussed include BASF's expansion of an aromatics facility to produce toluene feedstock, the use of TDI for the manufacture of flexible polyurethane...
- BASF invests in new TDI plant. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Mar2012, Issue 849, p16
The article reports on a toluene diisocyanate (TDI) plant built by BASF in Ludwigshafen, Germany to replace its ageing Schwarzheide facility.
- Business Briefs: CORPORATE, FINANCIAL NEWS. // Rubber World;Jan2007, Vol. 235 Issue 4, p9
The article reports developments related to rubber industry in the U.S. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is expecting to complete the closing of its tire plant in Texas in the first quarter of 2008. Sartomer Co., a chemical manufacturer, announces that it is lifting sales control on its Wingtack...
- NEWSCLIPS. // Plastics News;1/8/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p3
The article offers news briefs related to the plastics industry. Bankrupt auto supplier Collins & Aikman Corp. will close its Americus, Georgia, injection molding plant as it prepares to sell off its assets. Injection molder Florida Production Engineering Inc. is investing $2 million to expand...
- Bayer Acquires Aniline Facility. // Paint & Coatings Industry;May2014, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p18
The article reports that chemical company DuPont's aniline production facility in Baytown, Texas has been acquired by Bayer MaterialScience LLC, with Bayer assuming responsibility for the direct operating personnel of the facility.
- Bayer MaterialScience to begin technical center for isocyanate production at Chempark Dormagen. // Paintindia;Feb2012, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p146
The article reports on the decision of chemical firm Bayer MaterialScience to build a technical center at Chempark Dormagen in Germany for the design of isocyanate production process.
- Bayer MaterialScience to Invest $120 Million at Baytown. BEWLEY, LINDSEY // Chemical Week;5/2/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 12, p7
The article reports on the plan of Bayer MaterialScience to invest 120 million U.S. dollars to increase capacity at its facility in Baytown, Texas.