An eye on the weather
- Outsourcing's Evolution from Commodity to Partner. Scott, Dave // Applied Clinical Trials;Aug2008, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p60
The article focuses on the changes in strategic outsourcing and believes on the factors that has driven it from a product function to a model of partnership and risk sharing. It claims that there are varying estimates on the size of the outsourcing marketplace, in 2006 its was computed that the...
- The Future of the Pharma Industry and Outsourcing. Locwin, Ben // Contract Pharma;Oct2014, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p44
The article discusses a prediction of the future of pharmaceutical industry and outsourcing based on a 15-year retrospective study. Topics include the 2013 Mayo Clinic Proceedings on patient population requiring one to five treatments per day including the periods from 1999 to 2008, and...
- Weighing benefits of outsourcing. Tilley, Kate // Business Insurance;06/11/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p23
No abstract available.
- Broker calls outsourcing `cauldron of anger, fear'. Katz, David M. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;6/6/94, Vol. 98 Issue 23, p21
Describes the issue of outsourcing risk management departments to brokers and its potential to produce negative effects. Outsourcing as a reflection of broader current business trends; Movement towards quality; Focus on cost and growing emphasis on local, rather than centralized operations.
- What does RM outsourcing means? Riley, John F. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/28/94, Vol. 98 Issue 48, p21
Discusses the applications of risk management (RM) `outsourcing'. Use of outsourcing in three different ways; Outsourcing various functions within the risk department; Outsourcing the entire risk management function; Outsourcing as used in the IBM case.
- Outsourcing regarded as a necessary evil by some risk managers. Schachner, Michael // Business Insurance;8/1/94, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p3
Discusses the option of outsourcing from the perspective of risk managers. Acceptability of the practice for claims management and safety engineering tasks; Disadvantages of farming out risk management services to brokers and vendors.
- RMs should take broad view of outsourcing. Phipps, Joel // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;06/08/98, Vol. 102 Issue 23, p3
Focuses on the impact of outsourcing risk-management functions on the corporate budget. Importance of analyzing risk management functions on a corporate prospective; Advantages of enlisting the financial officer's perspective; Dependence of outsourcing effectiveness on decision process based on...
- Global Risks for Drug Manufacturers. Fiscus, Philip W. // Risk Management (00355593);May2009, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p50
The article discusses risk management for pharmaceutical firms that outsource drug manufacturing. As a 2008 incident involving tainted Heparin manufactured in China for Baxter International made clear, companies can become the target of litigation when offshore factories deliver flawed products....
- The Role of Risk Analysis in Expanding Business Activities. Battistini, Maurizo // Pharmaceutical Technology;Aug2007 Supplement, Vol. 31, p58
Risk management is essential in any successful outsourcing partnership. The author outlines the steps toward identifying, understanding, and controlling risk in key manufacturing areas.