One fine day
- Plenty up for sale...but who's buying? // European Chemical News;7/26/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2110, p5
Present views on private equity deals in the chemical industry in Europe as of July 2004. Sale of the films business of UCB to Candover Partners; Background on UCB; Reasons behind a decline in the exit value of deals.
- Private equity returns to chemicals. Butler, Steve // European Chemical News;11/22/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2125, Special Section p5
Deals with the issue of the return of private equity (PE) to chemical investment. Reasons behind the PE investments in chemicals; Outcome of the PE investments; Possibility for more PE deals; Factors that PE is looking for in a business.
- Risk versus reward in private equity. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/30/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 5, p7
The article presents comments on how the risk is limited in private equity and the reward many times greater, fueled by leverage in the Chemical industry. It informs that despite the high level of risk with increasing debt financing and higher prices paid for chemical assets, the rewards are...
- Private equity funds sense recovery. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;2/17/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2040, p5
Expresses optimism regarding the recovery of private equity funds in the chemical industry in Europe in 2003. Investments in chemical assets in 2001; Competition faced by such funds; Estimated amount of such funds.
- RETREAT OF PRI VATE EQUITY? // ICIS Chemical Business;6/13/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 21, p35
The article reports that the private equity firms are still investing in the chemical sector, however they are more reluctant and cautious after the 2008 downturn.
- Financial Services. Walsh, Kerri; Alperowicz, Natasha; Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;3/6/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 10, p21
Reports on the role of private equity firms in the chemical industry's acquisition and merger market. Percentage of the deals in 2001 that are accounted from private equity buyers; Factors that turned financial sponsors to the chemical industry; Details on several private equity deals in 2001.
- Managers joining with equity group to purchase Farrel. Bregar, Bill // European Rubber Journal;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 189 Issue 1, p15
The article reports that Farrel Corp. executives-backed by a private equity group-plan to purchase the rubber machinery manufacturer. The company will move from being a publicly held company with stock traded over the counter to a private company when the deal goes through, which is expected to...
- Hanover buys in Elementis. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;1/24/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2131, p8
Reports that private equity firm Hanover Investors has taken a stake in the British speciality chemicals company Elementis. Percentage of the stake taken by Hanover; Decrease in the holding of Fidelity International in Elementis.
- Innospec to acquire US oilfield chemicals firm for at least $100 million. VALK, VINCENT // Chemical Week;10/6/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 25, p10
The article informs that Independence Oilfield Chemicals, a portfolio company of private equity firm CSL Capital Management will be purchased by chemical firm Innospec for an initial purchase price of 100 million dollar.