Dow Chemical ties up VAM unit divestment
- Dow Chemical to sell interest in VAM plant. // Wire Journal International;Jan2007, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the plan of Dow Chemical Co. to sell its interest in the vinyl acetate monomer manufacturing plant at Cabo, Brazil to the JB Group. According to Dow Chemical business vice president Philippe Raynaud de Fitte, the decision to divest the company's interests in the facility...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;6/7/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2103, p12
Presents an update on the chemical industry as of June 2004. Price increases for the vinyl acetate monomer product of Dow Chemical; Opening of the polypropylene facility of Sabic; Intention of Kraton Polymers to increase the price of its styrene-isoprene-styrene polymers.
- Dow completes sale of interest in Cabo, Brazil, Vinyl Acetate Monomer Plant. // Chemical Business;Mar2007, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p84
The article reports on the sale of Dow Chemical Company's interest in the Vinyl Acetate Monomer (VAM) plant in Cabo de Santo Agostinho, Pernambuco, Brazil, to JB Group. Employees of the Cabo facility, along with equipment and site-specific assets have been transferred to JB Group as part of the...
- Dow ends force majeure for VAM at Texas City. // Chemical Business;Jul2005, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p61
Deals with the announcement made by Dow that is has ended force majeure for Vinyl Acetate Monomer (VAM) at the Texas City, Texas plant owned by Union Carbide Corp. in 2005. Percentage of increase in allocation of VAM of annual contractual volumes in June; Impact of a storm in May on VAM production.
- Q4 VAM settlements are lower than sellers hoped. // European Chemical News;11/10/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2076, p12
Reports on the increase in vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) settlements in the fourth quarter of 2003. Effects of feedstock increments on prices of ethylene; Factors that may lead producers to reach a final agreement on VAM; Economic implication when plants operate below normal levels.
- VAM producers eye $50-110 hikes for Q3. // Asian Chemical News;8/25/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 413, p10
Reports on the proposal of vinyl acetate monomer producers to increase prices of their products for the third quarter of 2003. Factors which prompted the proposed price increases; Contract prices of VAM for the second quarter of 2003; Reason for the nominated price increase by Dow Chemical;...
- BASIC CHEMICALS & PLASTICS. // Chemical Week;6/1/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 15, p25
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry. Dow Chemical has decided to increase the off-schedule prices for acrylic monomers and vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) in all regions, which will go into effect June 1, 2009 or as contracts allow. DuPont has commercialized several lines of...
- Dow declares force majeure on vinyl acetate monomer from Texas City. BOSWELL, CLAY // Chemical Week;7/7/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 18, p50
The article reports on Dow Chemical's force majeure declaration on vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) produced in Texas City, Texas. Topics discussed include the temporary shutdown of the VAM plant following a planned maintenance turnaround, the spot prices for VAM in the country, and the changes in...
- COMPANY NEWS. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Oct2007, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p8
The article offers world news briefs related to adhesive and sealants industry. Collano AG has announced an increase in their sales for the first half of 2007 in Luzern, Switzerland. The Dow Wolff Cellulosics plans to build a methylhydroxyethylcellulose (MHEC) production plant in Bitterfeld,...