UAE to strengthen links with the European Union
- Trading blocs move closer. Maree, Karin // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/28/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 30, p6
The article reports on the hope that the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and the European Union (EU) will reach a free trade agreement. EU Trade Commissioner Peter Mandelson was in Abu Dhabi in early June to attend a meeting of GCC finance ministers. He departed with a message from the EU that...
- Modi and Merkel talk business in New Delhi. // Eastern Eye;10/9/2015, Issue 1323, p16
The article reports that German chancellor Angela Merkel and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi pledged to revive efforts to reach an Indo-European free trade pact, urge German companies to do business promising tax and other economic reforms and to provide jobs for young people.
- Officials eager for talks to conclude. // World Trade;Mar2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p14
The article reports that the European Union and a group of Gulf states want to complete negotiations to set up a free trade zone, a German official said recently. There is a clear political desire on both sides to get a swift resolution to the disputed points, explained the official, who was...
- India, Germany to Sign India-EU FTA This Year. TIKOO, PRIYANKA // India -- West;4/19/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 22, pA36
The article informs that Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany, in a joint statement have focused to sign the long awaited India-European Union free trade agreement in 2013.
- Merkel: U.S. must embrace trade deal. // Plant Engineering;May2014, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the statement by German Chancellor Angela Merkel regarding the need for the U.S. to embrace the proposed Transatlantic Free Trade Agreement to improve economic growth and global trade.
- EU more reliant on imports if WTO deal done. // Farmers Weekly;7/18/2008, p65
The article reports that British trade commissioner Peter Mandelson has been accused by European Union (EU) farm leaders of supporting a trade agreement that will make EU more dependent on food imports. Comments from Mandelson, contained in a formal declaration by EU farmer's body COPA, have...
- EU's New Trade Chief Urges Action. Zarocostas, John // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/30/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 113, p10
Reports on the efforts of Peter Mandelson, commissioner of the European Union (EU), to put the Doha, Qatar trade liberalization talks in action. Year that the Doha negotiations began; Number of nations that are part of the EU; Views of Mandelson on trade defense.
- WORLD BRIEFS. // National Catholic Reporter;5/4/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 26, p4
The article offers world news briefs. Pope Benedict XVI addressed a letter to German Chancellor Angela Merkel, host of the Group of Eight industrialized nations to help poor nations in their struggle on poverty. The bishops of Costa Rica has accepted a tribunal ruling which calls for a...
- Riyadh courts Berlin's expertise. Dudley, Dominic // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/18/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 25, p32
The article reports that Germany is keen to offer specialized technology and expertise, as Saudi Arabia is set to take off on a huge industrial diversification program. German Chancellor Angela Merkel has recently visited Saudi Arabia, the second during her tenure, to cement political ties to...