Asia battles with POPs
- PRODUCT FOCUS. // Chemical Week;5/4/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 12, p29
The article offers a look at the market for maleic anhydride (MA) in Europe. Pure MA is produced from n-butane, benzene and as a byproduct of phthalic anhydride. According to Tom Fisher, vice president for MA and commercial licensing at Huntsman, demand for unsaturated polyester resins (UPR), an...
- APC detoured by self-interest. Makrauer, George A. // Plastics News;3/22/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on the self-interest of the American Plastics Council (APC). Organizational power of the council; Role of the council in the plastics industry in the United States; Success of APC a threat to industry development; Ill-directed public relations efforts within the Council for Solid Waste...
- Clean Power Legislation Seen As Ill-Conceived. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 8, p40
Reports on key issues relevant to the regulation of carbon dioxide and other pollutants in the U.S. Emissions trading; Provisions of multi-emission legislation; Demands for cleaner air and affordable power; Implications for the operations of chemical plants.
- Effects of Dioxins in Environmental Pollution on Development of Tooth Disorders. Dobrzyński, M.; Całkosiński, I.; Przywitowska, I.; Kobierska-Brzoza, J.; Czajczyńska-Waszkiewicz, A.; Sołtan, E.; Parulska, O. // Polish Journal of Environmental Studies;2009, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p319
Despite legal regulations limiting emissions of persistent organic pollutants (POPs), including dioxins, to the environment, they still constitute a significant component of environmental contamination. They are released in large amounts during various processes of combustion in industry, the...
- Notes and Comment. // New Yorker;5/21/1979, Vol. 55 Issue 14, p25
The article discusses issues concerning the effect of industrial contaminants on environmental and public health. The result of the study about industrial contaminants conducted by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Science Advisory Board and its recommendations to the chemical...
- SENSITIVITY ANALYSIS OF POLLUTANTS FORMATION FROM WICK-BURNT KEROSENE FIRED FLAME TO AMBIENT AIR. Ujile, Awajiogak A.; Ede, Precious N. // International Journal of Academic Research;Sep2012, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p204
This study details the application of Gaussian dispersion phenomenon to the analysis of diffusion of pollutants formation from wick-burnt kerosene fired flame in the environment in a large evening market illuminated solely by this means. Spot measurements of three parameters at distances...
- Association between atmospheric pollutants and hospital admissions in Lisbon. Cruz, A.; Sarmento, S.; Almeida, S.; Silva, A.; Alves, C.; Freitas, M.; Wolterbeek, H. // Environmental Science & Pollution Research;Apr2015, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p5500
Ambient air pollution is recognised as one of the potential environmental risk factors causing health hazards to the exposed population, demonstrated in numerous previous studies. Several longitudinal, ecological and epidemiological studies have shown associations between outdoor levels of...
- Environmental pollution: Very wide in its scope. Ramani, R.V. // Chemical Business;Mar1997, Vol. 10 Issue 8, Taminaldu Pollution Control Board p22
Deals with the enforcement of regulations on abating and controlling pollution by chemical industries. Information about the rules; How to ensure a clean environment.
- Latest Pollution Stats "Stinky". // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Sep2003, Issue 251, p20
Presents toxic pollution statistics which was reported by the Commission for Environmental Cooperation in its annual report. Rise of domestic industrial air emissions from 1998 to 2000; Total of chemicals which were released for disposal in 2000.