Thai move to boost the use of gasohol
- Gasoholics Agronomous. Chapman, Stephen // New Republic;6/30/79, Vol. 180 Issue 26, p14
Comments on the increased popularity of gasohol in the United States. Energy crisis in the country; Argument that gasohol should not be seen as an answer to the nation's energy problems; Limited potential of gasohol; Expected growth in the demand for gasohol; U.S. Congress' plan to introduce...
- TECHNICALLY TORQUING. // Motor;Mar2003, p122
Focuses on the purpose of adding ethanol to petrol in Australia. Benefits of low tax on ethanol; Disadvantages of using ethanol in automobiles; Effect of ethanol usage on sugarcane farmers.
- Reformulated gasoline. Barlas, Stephen // National Petroleum News;Dec93, Vol. 85 Issue 13, p22
Reports on the use of ethanol in reformulated gasoline. Systems Applications International's study on ethanol; Ethanol's role in the reformulated gasoline program.
- Researchers develop petrol-alcohol fuel. // Modern Power Systems;Sep98, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the development of a method of mixing alcohol and petrol to use as engine fuel by researchers at the Andhra University in India. Octane number of the fuel mixture.
- The Economics of Ethanol. Potera, Carol // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jan2002, Vol. 110 Issue 1, pA18
The conversion of corn into ethanol to produce gasohol is advertised by some scientists as an economical and environmentally cleaner alternative to fossil fuels. However, ethanol production is neither economical nor environmentally sound, concludes David Pimentel, a professor of insect ecology...
- Temporal Patterns of Ethanol Use in the United States: 1981-1998. Warren, William D.; Ryan, Susan // Transportation Quarterly;Fall2001, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p25
Ethanol data is analyzed cartographically for the 1981-1998 period. Temporal geographic information system (TGIS) methods were used to analyze spatial aspects of ethanol's changing pattern of distribution. Most ethanol is consumed as a mixture with gasoline that is generally called gasohol....
- Fuel Update. Daly, Jim // MotorBoating;Aug2005, Vol. 196 Issue 2, p85
The article answers a question regarding the use of gasohol in a 1979 Tollycraft sterndrive powered by a 330-horsepower Mercruiser gas engine mandated in New York. The challenge in using gasohol is its storage time. The use of the fuel does not provide rubber problems. An amount of fuel needed...
- Thailand to boost the use of gasohol. Ten Kate, Daniel; Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;2/12/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 6, p21
The article reports on the move of the government of Thailand to lower the price of ethanol by 24%, to boost the consumption of gasohol, a blend of 10% ethanol and 90% gasoline. The estimated reduction in the average price per liter of ethanol, after the government applied a formula based on...
- GM FORMS CONSORTIUM TO PROMOTE ETHANOL AS ALTERNATIVE, RENEWABLE FUEL. // BioCycle;Jan2006, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on a project to be led by General Motors (GM) involving the state of California, Chevron Technology Ventures and Pacific Ethanol, to get more information on consumer acceptance of E85 as a fuel in GM flexible-fuel vehicles. E85 is a blend of ethyl alcohol and gasoline. GM...