- Asia watch. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;2/12/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 6, p20
The article presents news briefs on the Asian chemical industry. The plastics factories in Java, Indonesia had ceased or reduced its production because of severe floodings in the region. Sabri Ahmad, chief executive officer of Golden Hope Plantations has been appointed as chairman of the...
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/21/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 21, p22
Presents news on the chemical business in Asia-Pacific Region as of May 21, 2001. When the methyl methacrylate plant of Formosa Plastics Corp. in Taiwan will be operational; Stake of Mitsubishi Rayon Co. in the Massachusetts-based carbon fiber producer Fiberspar; Termination of the joint...
- basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;10/23/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 42, p56
Presents updates on various issues related to the basic chemicals and plastics industry, as of October 23, 2002. Commercialization of an impact modified methyl methacrylate-styrene copolymer by Nova Chemicals; Methyl methacrylate production cut back at Mitsubishi Rayon in Japan; Declaration of...
- Mitsubishi Rayon Revives Carbon Fiber Project. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;7/19/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 17, p16
The article reports that Mitsubishi Rayon has restarted construction of a carbon fiber plant in Otakem, Japan.
- ICI, Mitsubishi research acrylic recycling. Higgs, Richard // Plastics News;5/26/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p58
Presents information on the signing of research contract by Imperial Chemical Industries plc (ICI) and Mitsubishi Rayon Company Limited, in efforts to develop acrylic recycling technology. Background information on ICI; Benefits of the joint venture; Comments from persons in association with...
- Mitsubishi Rayon and Daicel to Form Acetate Tow Joint Venture. RAMESH, DEEPTI // Chemical Week;10/17/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 25, p17
The article reports on a nonbinding letter of intent signed by Mitsubishi Rayon with Daicel to form a joint venture to manufacture of acetate two for cigarette filters.
- Mitsubishi to absorb Nitto subsidiary. Oey, Patricia // Chemical Market Reporter;01/12/98, Vol. 253 Issue 2, p20
Details the plan of Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd. (MRC) to absorb its subsidiary Nitto Chemical Industry Co. Ltd. Benefits of the merger to MRC; Business description of MRC.
- INTERMEDIATES IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/26/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 12, p22
The article offers news briefs related to the petrochemical industry as of March 2012, which includes Mitsubishi Rayon Company of Japan announcing a price increase for methyl methacrylate, increase in March acetic contract prices in Europe and increase in European March ethylene oxide contracts.
- Mitsubishi Rayon Constructs PMMA Unit in Guangzhou. // China Chemical Reporter;11/16/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p8
Announces that Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd. of Japan will complete the feasibility study before the end of 2004 on a polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) unit in Guangzhou, China. Capacity of the project; Expected completion of the project during 2007-2008 if the plan is approved.