Kemira profits take a hit
- Kemira profits take a hit. Gibson, Jane; Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;2/12/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 6, p18
The article reports on the financial performance of Kemira for the fourth-quarter of 2006. The company posted a 19% fall in its fourth-quarter operating profit. Titanium dioxide production losses were partly responsible for the profit drop. Divestments weakened operating profit. Revenue in the...
- Kemira profits rise, despite TiO2 losses. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;10/15/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 39, p20
Provides information on Kemira's sales for January-August 1997 period. Increase in pretax profit and sales of Kemira; Sales losses for titanium dioxide; Remarks of Esa Tirkkonen, executive vice president of Kemira, on the results; Kemira's businesses that were sold and to be sold.
- TITANIUM DIOXIDE. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;9/6/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 33, p15
Reports on the transfer of the titanium dioxide business of Kemira from the Kemira Pigments division to the Kemira Chemicals division effective January 1, 2001. Capacity expansion plans of Kemira for its production unit in Pori, Finland; Other businesses of the company that will be transferred.
- Kemira to Raise Finnish TiO[sub2] Capacity. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;03/19/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the plan of Kemira chemical company to increase the production capacity of its titanium dioxide plant in Pori, Finland. Amount which Kemira plans to invest in the facility; Demand for titanium dioxide; Industrial applications of titanium oxide.
- Titanium Dioxide Still Plagued by Weak Demand. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;7/9/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 28, p6
Provides information on the market condition of titanium dioxide manufacturers as of July 2001. Estimated prices and demand rate of titanium dioxide; Production capacity of titanium industries; Initiative made by Millennium Chemicals Inc. in relation to the condition; Sale of titanium facility...
- Kemira to expand specialty TiO[sub 2]. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;12/28/98, Vol. 254 Issue 26, p6
Reports on Kemira Inc.'s expansion of its capacity for titanium dioxide products. Demand for the products in cosmetics and automotive coatings industries; Current production of the company; Investment of the company in its titanium dioxide facilities.
- Kemira joins expansion bandwagon. IY // Chemical Week;12/7/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 22, p21
Reports on Kemira's approval of the debottlenecking program to expand its European titanium dioxide capacity. Amount allotted for the debottlenecking program; Installation of a wastewater treatment unit; Distinction for being the third-largest titanium dioxide producer in Europe and the United...
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;2/21/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the net profits posted by Kemira during the fourth quarter of 2000. Net profit posted by Kemira's fertilizer operation.
- Kemira Reports Lower Operating Profit. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/11/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 17, p6
Reports the posted net income of Kemira in Europe as of the third quarter of 2002. Increase in the operating income; Influence of the acquisition of Vinings Industries Inc. on net income; Overview on the initiative of the company to become a leading supplier of pulp and paper chemicals.