Lonza buys bio-firms
- Lonza acquires Cambrex businesses. // Pharmaceutical Technology Europe;Dec2006, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p10
The article reports the acquisition of the research bioproducts and microbial biopharmaceutical businesses of Cambrex Corp. by Lonza Group Ltd. The acquisition will accelerate Lonza's strategic development and transform the businesses into a focused life sciences business. According to Stefan...
- Cambrex Bags Marathon Biopharmaceuticals. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/05/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the acquisition of Marathon Biopharmaceuticals by Cambrex. Estimated value of the acquisition; Benefits of the acquisition on Cambrex; Facilities of Marathon.
- COMPANIES. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;11/7/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 41, p13
Reports the acquisition of Marathon Biopharmaceuticals by Cambrex in November 2001. Background on Marathon; Plans of Cambrex for Marathon.
- Mergers & Acquisitions Update. // PharmaWatch: Biotechnology;Dec2006, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p17
The article offers news briefs related to mergers and acquisitions in the biopharmaceutical industry in the U.S. Eli Lilly and Co. has signed a merger agreement to acquire Icos Corp. for a total of approximately $2.1 billion. Genzyme Corp. has won the takeover for biopharmaceutical drug maker...
- Lonza buys Cambrex bio units for $460m. Mirasol, Feliza // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/30/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 16, p7
The article reports that Lonza has acquired Cambrex's Bioproducts and Biopharma subsidiaries in a cash deal worth $460 million, marking the largest acquisition in Lonza's history to date. The acquisition, set to close in the first quarter of 2007, is expected to push forward the company's...
- Lonza Acquires Genentech Biopharma Plant in Spain. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;11/15/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 38, p12
The article reports that Lonza has agreed to acquire Genentech's mammalian cell biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility at PorriÃ±o, Spain for $150 million, and as part of the agreement with Genentech it will build a large-scale biopharma plant in Singapore. The investment figure for the...
- Cambrex Uses Sharp M&A Strategy To Build New Platforms for Growth. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/09/99, Vol. 256 Issue 6, p5
Focuses on the merger and acquisition strategy utilized by Cambrex Corp. for its market growth. Comment from Ron Carroll, technology vice president of the company; Details on some of its merger and acquisition deals; Business status of the firm.
- Lonza buys and transforms into life sciences company. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;10/30/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 41, p10
The article reports on the plan of Lonza to purchase the Research Bioproducts and Microbial Biopharmaceutical businesses of Cambrex. The company signed an agreement which, along with the upcoming initial public offering of its polymer intermediates business Polynt, will complete its...
- Cambrex: Thriving on Independence. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;1/3/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 1, p42
Discusses the position of fine chemicals firm Cambrex on mergers and consolidation. Goal of the company; Division of its life sciences business; Projected earnings and growth.