5-MINUTE PROJECT WATCH
- Ineos Phenol to hike Gladbeck output. // European Chemical News;12/8/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2080, p29
Reports on the plans of Ineos Phenol to increase the output of its Gladbeck phenol plant located in Germany. Capacity of the Gladbeck plant; Similar plan of the company for its plants in Belgium.
- Brazil's Braskem considers larger bio-based polypropylene unit. JAGGER, ANNA // ICIS Chemical Business;3/26/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 12, p28
The article reports on Braskem SA, the resins producer from Brazil, to increase the size of its bio-based polypropylene (PP) project to 50,000 tonnes per year, mentioning the production of the 'green' propyIene feedstock to begin by 2013 which is a part of its renewable chemical strategy.
- Ineos Phenol quashes Thai project reports. // European Chemical News;9/15/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2068, p26
Reports the denial of Ineos Phenol of a report speculating the selection of Thailand as the location of its proposed Asian phenol plant.
- Monthly contracts get go-ahead at Ineos Phenol. // European Chemical News;12/8/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2080, p10
Reports on the decision of Ineos Phenol, Europe's largest independent benzene buyer, to shift from quarterly to monthly contracts with its benzene suppliers as of January 1, 2004. Introduction of monthly pricing of benzene in Europe; Reason for the move of Ineos Phenol; Concerns of consumers...
- Ineos Phenol Adds Capacity; Ponders Back-Integration. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;4/20/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the phenol capacity expansion of Ineos Phenol as of April 20, 2005. Amount of phenol capacity that it would add to its plant in Antwerp, Belgium; Significance of the capacity expansion to the European phenol market; Plan of the firm to build a phenol complex in Shanghai, China.
- Ineos Boosts Phenol Production. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;6/15/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 20, p29
Reports on the completion of the expansion project of Ineos Phenol at its Gladbeck phenol plant in Germany. Capacity of the plant; Reasons behind the decline of phenol contract prices in the U.S.; Implication of the decrease in benzene and propylene feedstock costs for the company.
- Ineos Phenol to Expand Plant. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/29/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the expansion of the phenol/acetone plant of Ineos Phenol in Antwerp, Belgium by October 2006. Manufacturing capacity of the plant; Reason for expansion decision.
- NEW PROJECTS SUMMARY. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;5/2/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2145, p30
Presents a tabular representation of the projects of several companies in the chemical industry as of May 2, 2005. BASF in Texas; Fosfertil in Brazil; Ineos Phenol in Shanghai, China.
- Braskem's mulls feedstocks. CHANG, JOSEPH; Klump, Michelle // ICIS Chemical Business;8/15/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 4, p10
The article profiles Braskem SA which has acquired polypropylene (PP) business of Dow Chemical Co. It is reported that, with the acquisition Braskem will become one of the top producers of thermoplastic in the U.S. and the company hopes that soon it will become number one by overtaking companies...