RAG/Degussa gain a result
- Europe Watch. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;2/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p10
The article offers news briefs on the chemical industry as of February 2006. The board of Degussa has endorsed the takeover bid by energy firm RAG. Spolana, a Czech polyvinyl chloride and caprolactum producer, has received preliminary offers for 82% of the company. The average daily chemicals...
- Calls to end RAG political squabble. Williams, Dede // ICIS Chemical Business;3/26/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 59, p6
The article reports that Hubertus Schmoldt, head of Germany's chemicals trade union IG BCE, has called on the political sector to quit playing monopoly and let Degussa parent RAG proceed with its initial public offering (IPO). The latest study commissioned by the state of North Rhine-Westphalia...
- Credit markets hit RAG, Degussa. Zwirn, Ed // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;12/18/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 21, p6
The article reports that the delay of an initial public offering (IPO) for RAG, the parent company of Degussa has directed the European credit default swap market to speculate that Degussa's credit rating from Moody's Investors Service will decline below investment grade. According to the report...
- DEGUSSA READIES ZENTARIS FOR IPO. Hume, Claudia // Chemical Week;6/13/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 23, p17
Focuses on the preparations of chemical manufacturer Degussa for the initial public offering of its biotechnology subsidiary Zentaris on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange in June 2001. Estimated value of Zentaris; Subsidiaries of Degussa that have been offered to the public; Services offered by Zentaris.
- RAG delays its market listing. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;10/17/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2167, p8
Reports on the decision of German energy and chemicals group RAG, owner of Degussa, to postpone its stock market listing expected for 2006 until 2007. Reason behind the change in the plans of RAG.
- RAG Takeover of Degussa Endangered. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/18/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the takeover offer for the specialty chemical company, Degussa AG by the coal mining group, RAG AG in Germany. Acceptance of the takeover offer by majority of the owners of freefloat shares; Financial performance of the company; Details about the acquisition.
- RAG/Degussa Deal in Jeopardy. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/6/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the controversy concerning the RAG AG's acquisition of Degussa in Germany. Decision of the Dusseldorf regional court concerning the merger; Alternative ways for a merger with Degussa; Reasons given by the Dusseldorf court for upholding its injunction.
- RAG to search for 'quick solution' Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;4/7/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2047, p9
Reports the resignation plans of Karl Starzacher, chairman of German coal and chemicals group RAG, in May 2003. Speculation on the reason for his move; Plans of the company to acquire shares in Degussa; Involvement of Degussa in the decision of RAG to sell the plastics activities of its...
- Degussa to Divest Dmc2 Business. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;06/05/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 23, p5
Discusses the plan of Degussa-Huls company to divest its Degussa Metals Catalysts Cerdec AG business. Details on the spinoff; Possible initial public offering by Degussa Dental GmbH & Co.