DuPont wins race to lower PFOA levels
- DuPont Delays Acquisition of ChemFirst As Companies Investigate Explosion. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/21/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 14, p2
Reports that an explosion at the Pascagoula, Mississippi-based First Chemical Corp., a plant of the chemical company ChemFirst Inc. has delayed the acquisition plans of chemical manufacturer DuPont Co. Investigation regarding the explosion; Injuries caused to employees due to the explosion;...
- Character Counts. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;5/11/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 13, p3
This article relates the lessons learned by DuPont Chairman Chad Holliday about the importance of sustainability, collaboration and character in the chemical industry. According to Holliday, there is a need for the industry to adopt a sustainable approach to combat climate change and other...
- DuPont fiber execs in new starting lineup. Chirls, Stuart // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/5/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 87, p7
Reports on executive changes implemented in DuPont following the appointment of Chad Holliday as company president and chief executive officer-designate. Appointment of DuPont Nylon North America president and general manager Gary Pfeiffer as chief financial officer; Additional responsibilities...
- Emissions Reporting: Different Standards, Different Results. Valk, Vincent // Chemical Week;12/21/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 31, p13
The article reports on the results of an analysis of the greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) reporting practices at top companies in "Chemical Week's" 2009 Billion Dollar Club which reveal that a wide variety of reporting practices and varying results. It notes that many companies do not report GHG...
- DuPont recommends raising HCFC-123 AEL to 50ppm. // Contractor Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p42
States that the Acceptable Exposure Limit (AEL) of hydrocholorfluorocarbon (HCFC)-123 be raised to 50 parts per million (ppm) by the DuPont Acceptable Exposure Limit Committee. What was the former rate of the AEL of HCFC-123; Reference to the Workplace Environmental Exposure Limit (WEEL);...
- DuPont expands silica. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/16/98, Vol. 253 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the completion of E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.'s electrics colloidal silica plant in Ruabon, Wales.
- Market brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/16/98, Vol. 254 Issue 20, p18
Reports that E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. will raise the prices of its coatings, plastics and special grade titanium oxide products in Mexico on December 1, 1998.
- `The Miracles of Science': The new motto of DuPont's greener and more profitable future. // Chemical Business;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on DuPont, a chemical company. Overview of the operations of DuPont; Achievements of the company; Efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from its operations; Safety measures implemented by the company.
- DuPont hiking PVA capacity by 20%. McCurry, John W. // Textile World;Sep97, Vol. 147 Issue 9, p23
Focuses on DuPont's announcement of a series of expansions at its LaPorte, Texas facility to expand production of polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) by 20% over three years. Background on the LaPorte operation; Significance for DuPont's textile markets.