TOP STORIES FROM ICIS news
- Ciba buys a Dow epoxy line. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;10/8/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 38, p38
Presents the acquisition of Ciba Specialty Chemical company's Performance Polymers Division for Dow Chemical's multifunctional epoxy systems and cyanate esters resins product lines. Terms of the acquisition agreement; How Ciba will benefit from the acquisition.
- Strike back on pricing. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;6/9/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 23, p12
The article examines the impact of the increasing oil prices on the state of chemical industry in the U.S. in 2008. It is revealed that various chemical product manufacturers had decided to increase the prices of its own products due to their high expenses. They include Dow Chemical Co., Rohm &...
- Takeover track record. NIELSEN, KAROL; ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;11/18/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 44, p29
Focuses on various chemical industry mergers that have closed since early 1996. Completion of the work of Dow Chemical company to integrate Sentrachem company in Johannesburg since its December 1997 acquisition; Evaluation of Crompton & Knowles' acquisition of Uniroyal Chemical company; Details...
- New Products Come to Light at Radtech. Schmitt, Bill; Valero, Greg // Chemical Week;5/8/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 19, p32
Deals with the chemical products introduced at Radtech 2002 biannual conference for ultraviolet and electron beam radiation curing chemicals in Indianapolis, Indiana. Curing technique for epoxy introduced by Ciba Specialty Chemicals; Information on the adhesives and coatings monomer from Dow...
- specialties Pricing. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/8/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 16, p14
Presents news on the specialty chemical industry recent as of November 8, 2004. Fuel surcharge to be implemented by Air Products and Chemicals Inc.; Increase in the global prices of CIBA Specialty Chemicals products; Price increases scheduled by Degussa AG and Hercules Inc.
- NEWS BRIEFING. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/29/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 5, p6
The article offers news brief related to the chemical industry. Methanex Corp. based in Canada has resumed its Atlas methanol plant in Trinidad after a brief closure in July 2011. Dow Chemical has increased propylene glycol (PG) capacity by 10,000 tonnes per year at its Stade plant in Germany....
- Ciba sells stake in Cerdec joint venture. // Paint & Coatings Industry;May99, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p22
Reports that Ciba Specialty Chemicals has sold its stake in Cerdec Corp. to Frankfurt, Germany-based paint company Degussa AG.
- Europe in Brief. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;07/24/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 4, p6
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe as of July 2000. Price increases launched by Akzo Nobel; Information on the plans of Degussa-Huls to merge all of its construction ceramics businesses; Increase in Dow Chemical's capacity for natural mass acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene...
- Business In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/30/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 26, p22
Presents news briefs about the chemical industry as of July 7, 2003. Dow Chemical Co.'s launching of ChelaMed radiopharmaceutical services for the pharmaceutical industry; Joint venture in Japan established by Degussa AG and Shionogi & Co. Ltd. for precipitated silica, silica gel and matting...