TOP TEN tips to beat corporate stress
- Manage your stress before it manages you. Zofi, Yael Sara; Meltzer, Susan // Long-Term Living: For the Continuing Care Professional;Jun2009, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p48
The article offers ways on how to manage stress. It states that stressful situations in the workplace need to be given attention and one must develop a personal approach to the problem to be able to continue functioning despite the stress. It mentions the importance of understanding and being...
- Avoiding Stress and Burnout. Messmer, Max // Strategic Finance;Jan2002, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p15
The article discusses how to prevent undue stress or "burnout" at work. Assign priorities to tasks and devote the majority of your time to those that are most critical. Increase time available for important initiatives by delegating other duties. Don't fret over those things in your work...
- Stress Reduction Techniques in the Workplace. // San Diego Business Journal;8/9/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p39
In this article the authors offers tips on how to reduce job stress in the workplace.
- 5 ways to take the pressure off. // Communication Briefings;Mar2012, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p8
The article offers ideas which can help reduce stress in the workplace which include asking for assistance, removing negative influence, and stretching.
- how your favorite CEOs manage stress. Atkinson, William // Electric Light & Power;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p28
Identifies four strategies chief executive officers can use to prevent job stress. Delegation of authority; Use of an executive assistant; Planning; Time management.
- Too much stress? Minter, Stephen G. // Occupational Hazards;May99, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p49
Explores the causes of job stress in a fast-changing global economy. Issues addressed at a job stress conference cosponsored by the National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health and the American Psychological Association; Workplace trends contributing to job stress; Results of surveys on...
- Office whingers ailment identified. Bentley, Ross // Computer Weekly;7/1/2003, p36
Most people complain about their job at some time or another but employees who continually moan about work could be suffering from a medical condition similar to the post-traumatic stress experienced by war survivors and earthquake victims. A study into workplace stress by researchers at...
- The winning formula: Crisis in the workplace. McGoldrick, Paul // Electronic Design;11/17/97 Supplement, Vol. 45 Issue 25, p15
Presents information on how to minimize the effects of stress caused by work. Management of performance-related problems; Brief discussion about two distinct stress groups; Suggested methods in reducing problems in the workplace. INSETS: The listed services of a consultant group specializing...
- How to... relax at work. Couzins, Martin; Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;3/23/2004, p29
Most of the people are only too well aware that the country has succumbed to an epidemic of work-related stress. The average worker is overworked, burned-out, wound-up and, as a result, taking more time off. And the situation is aggravated because many of them don't know how to relax at work....