- Mico Succeeds Markman At National Geographic. // Educational Marketer;1/9/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the appointment of Stephen Mico as the executive vice president and publisher of National Geographic Children's Book and Education Publishing in Washington D.C. Mico succeeds Ericka Markman, who left "National Geographic" to start her own business. Mico is also working...
- Exploiting the rights in the agreement. Owen, Lynette // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer92, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p41
Stresses that the exploitation of a full range of rights is necessary to make publishing projects economically viable. Setting out by publishing contracts of the division of proceeds between the author and publisher; Categories of exploitation in the publishing industry; Extent of the scope of...
- Bound for glory. Cardozo, Erica K. // Entertainment Weekly;3/10/95, Issue 265, p61
Focuses on the trend in publishing in which authors have self-published, sold big, then signed with major publishers. Example of Richard Paul Evans and his first novel, `The Christmas Box'; The large advances these authors receive; Other advantages to signing with a large publishing company;...
- Confessions of a first reader. Sorrels, Roy // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Oct95, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p26
Presents tips on how to get a manuscript published. Addressing of manuscript to editor specifically in charge of one's manuscript type; Inclusion of informative cover letter.
- The practice of simultaneous submissions. // Gifted Child Today Magazine;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p9
Cites issues of concern to publishers regarding practice of simultaneous submissions. Interest of publishers in authors who are interested in them; Belief by writers that simultaneous submissions trigger a bidding war; Tips on how to hasten the review process.
- Editorial. // A Contracorriente;2010, Vol. 7 Issue 2, preceding p91
The article presents brief information about the journal's publishing activities including details about its policies for publishing and selling books as well as guidelines for authors who wish to submit books for publication.
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;12/9/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p7
Reports developments related to book publishing in the U.S. as of December 2002. Details of the contract between writer Nancy taylor and publisher Kensington; Publication of the book on the life of author Sidney Sheldon; Inclination of publishers toward electronic books.
- About the Publisher. // Software Conflict 2.0: The Art & Science of Software Engineering;2006, p283
The article provides a brief profile of publisher, DeveloperDotStar.com.
- Stop Sweating Me! Osborne, Gwen // Black Issues Book Review;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p62
Provides information on self-publishing. Experience of several authors; Importance of creativity in self-publishing; Background on related books. INSET: Self-Publishing: What You Should Know Before You Begin.