Education Funding Is on Track in California, Texas and Florida
- Psychology Textbook Sales Up 16.6% in 2005; Market Share Relatively Steady for Top 10 Publishers. // Educational Marketer;8/21/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the recent growth on the total sales for new and used college psychology textbooks in the U.S. According to the data carried out by the Monument Information Resource, the total sales have been estimated an increase of 16.6 percent to $427.8 million in 2005 basing from...
- College Pubs Cooperate on New Digital Text Sampling. // Educational Marketer;10/29/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p3
The article reports on the support of college textbook publishers to CourseSmart, a new venture that will provide a single platform for faculty to sample digital textbooks and students to purchase them. It involves the idea to facilitate marketing efforts and the sales process for digital texts....
- Strong 2005 K-12 Ed Tech Growth Expected, Driven By State Finances And NCLB. // Electronic Education Report;1/28/2005, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p1
This article reports on the growth in education technology companies in the U.S. Sales of electronic materials are expected to increase and the overall market for K-12 publishers is expected to be on the upswing due to the increasing number of textbook adoptions. The use of technology products...
- WRC Media's Q3 Revenue Grows, Spurred by AGS, Compass Learning. // Educational Marketer;12/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 34, p4
Reports on the revenue growth by K-12 supplemental publisher WRC Media Inc. of New York City. Rebound in sales for the Compass Learning unit of the company; Progress of its largest unit, American Guidance Service; Advancement of the testing and assessment segment.
- 2006 Outlook: Groundwork Laid In 2005 Will Help Shape PreK-12 And College Publishers Success In 2006. // Educational Marketer;1/9/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p1
The article talks about the challenges and the opportunity for growth of U.S. PreK-12 and college publishers in 2006. Industry experts have forecast that the adoption market opportunity will decline in 2006 due to a dip in the number of textbook adoptions. It also pointed that fiscal landscape...
- EM's Top 10 Stories In 2005 Show An Industry On The Move. // Educational Marketer;1/9/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p3
The article presents the top ten events in the PreK-12 and college publishing industry in the U.S. in 2005. They include the launch of an initiative to counter concerns about textbook pricing, the launch of two new basal textbook programs by Houghton Mifflin Co., the impact of the Hurricane...
- Which Text Gets Published? Barcomb, Wayne // Education Digest;Apr1964, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p32
The article focuses on the role of a publisher in textbook publishing in the U.S. The publisher has a responsibility to stockholders and others who have expressed faith in his financial acumen. The publisher must make judgments as to which books he will publish and which he will pass over. The...
- Thirty-one States Collaborate to Create National Tests. // NSTA Express;6/28/2010, p2
The article reports that thirty-one U.S. states have united to compete for two federal grants of up to 160 million dollars to create a series of national academic tests.
- Maine Voters Pass Measures Worth $63.5 Million. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/14/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31407, p4
Focuses on the voter approval for a loan to aid education and the economy in Maine. Part of the ballot package in bond referendum; Marketing of bonds backed by AA-rated general obligation credit; Support of the governor to the bond issues.