Harcourt Education Goes Up for Sale; Finished 2006 With 1% Revenue Growth but Operating Loss
- Reed Elsevier ends long search for CEO. Callahan, Sean // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Aug99, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p20
Reports on Crispin Davis' appointment as chief executive officer of Reed Elsevier PLC, the parent company of Cahners Business Information. Herman Bruggingk and Nigel Stapleton as predecessors; Davis' previous position at Aegis Group PLC; Financial problems of Reed Elsevier; Brian Kardon's...
- F/T parent off market. // Furniture/Today;12/15/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p29
The article reports that Reed Elseiver PLC has terminated its negotiations with the potential bidders for Reed Business Information (RBI) Ltd., the parent company of Furniture/Today and dozens of other business-to-business trade publications, in London, England. The company expresses that the...
- Reed Elsevier & Harcourt Financials, Year Ended Dec. 31, 2004 vs. 2003. // Educational Marketer;3/7/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p4
Presents a chart depicting the financial performance of Reed Elsevier PLC and Harcourt Financials in the U.S.
- Harcourt U.S. School Revenue Flat In 2004; Testing Revenue Up 8%. // Educational Marketer;3/7/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the financial performance of Reed Elsevier's Harcourt Education division in the U.S. Improvement of the underlying revenue for the division; Impact of the Indiana math adoption on the company's sales; Decline of the adjusted profits.
- Reed Elsevier, Pearson Continue To Expect Robust Growth In 2005. // Educational Marketer;5/9/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p2
Reports that Reed Elsevier PLC has maintained the positive outlooks for revenue growth in the year 2005 in London, England. Two of the largest educational publishers Harcourt Inc. and Pearson PLC run by company; Continued improved market conditions of the company for all of its businesses;...
- Reed Elsevier Has New Chief. Richardson, Jean // Publishers Weekly;7/26/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 30, p17
Announces the appointment of Crispin Davis, former chief executive officer (CEO) of the Aegis Group, as CEO of Reed Elsevier company. Professional background of Davis; Contribution to the Aegis Group; Comments of Davis on his new role.
- Q1 Indicates Positive Outlook for Rest of the Year. // Educational Marketer;5/14/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the economic outlook of educational publishers Pearson Education Inc. and Reed Elsevier PLC (RE) in London, England for the rest of 2007. Pearson and RE were inspired by favorable sales trends and continued to be encouraged about the year in education. Pearson expects an...
- Harcourt Expects K-12 Revenue To Be At Least Flat In 2004, Beating The Industry, Before Growing In 2005. // Educational Marketer;12/13/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 35, p1
This article reports that according to a company sales update in December 2004, revenue at Florida-based Harcourt Education Group, a division of London-based global media giant Reed Elsevier PLC, is on track in 2004 to at least match the $1.11 billion generated in 2003. According to Reed...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;3/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p8
Reports international developments on publishing industries as of March 4, 2002. Acquisition of Harvill Press by Random House UK; Purchase of Harcourt General Inc. by Reed Elsevier PLC; Reorganization of the publishing operations of Walker Books.