HSC Names 2007 Keystone Sponsors
- Grinnel goes solo in union bargaining. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Nov93, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p1
Reports on Grinnell Fire Protection Systems Division's bargaining plans with United Association Sprinklerfitters `Road Local' 669. Grinnel manpower estimate; Bargaining proposals.
- Grinnell pullout will shake up union bargaining. Smith, Ed // Contractor Magazine;Nov93, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p45
Forecasts the effects of Grinnell Corp.'s pullout from the National Fire Sprinkler Ass'n. New development agreements; Effect on other sprinkler contractors; Other possible developments.
- Fire safety: Placed on the back burner? // Buildings;Jul94, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p37
Asserts that fire protection is not given top priority in the United States. Remarks from Tom Kruse, chairman of the Northern Illinois Chapter of the National Fire Sprinkler Association; Figures illustrating casualties brought about by fires; Efforts of the association to educate the public.
- ICC offers support for sprinklers despite rejecting requirements. // Fire Engineering;Aug2007, Vol. 160 Issue 8, p61
The article discusses the International Code Council's (ICC) support for residential sprinklers despite having rejected the requirements for single-family sprinklers in its "International Residential Code" supplement. The National Fire Sprinkler Association (NFSA) has submitted code change...
- growth in home fire sprinkler market NFSA members see. Miodonski, Bob // Contractor Magazine;Aug2005, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p7
Focuses on the growth potential of the residential fire sprinkler market in the U.S. in 2005. Concern on the involvement of plumbers in the installation of home fire sprinklers, according to United States Fire Protection's president Gregg Huennekens; Key factor to the success of the United...
- Experts in fire protection to speak at FIREX conference. // Professional Safety;Apr96, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p15
Reports that representatives of the National Fire Sprinkler Association (NFSA) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) plan to conduct technical sessions at FIREX, a fire safety conference. Date and venue of the conference; Issues to be discussed; Contact points for further information.
- Products. // Supply House Times;Jan2005, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p174
This article presents information on several products related to the plumbing and ventilation industry. Tyco Fire & Building Products' Zonecheck flow switch tester meets the NFPA standard for fire sprinkler systems. It performs quarterly flow switch tests through a simple key switch operation....
- Product Focus: 2011 NFPA Expo Preview. // PM Engineer;May2011, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p30
The article previews several products at the 2011 National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Expo in Boston, Massachusetts, including the PATHFINDER Fittings from Tyco Fire Protection Products, the AquaFlex sprinkler fitting line from Victaulic and the PureFlow fire sprinkler system from Viega.
- HVLS WAREHOUSE FAN: Safety Is A Hot Topic. Brittingham, Michael // Engineered Systems;Jul2012, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p19
The article reports on the safety concerns for high-volume, low-speed (HVLS) warehouse fans. It examines the potential of these HVLS fans to block sprinkler operation in case of fire accidents and increase the spread of fire due to the equipment's additional airflow. Meanwhile, it says that the...