The rise of the super-affiliate
- 2. BOARDROOM BUYS IN. Brooks, Greg // New Media Age;Jan2007 Report Supplement, p7
The article considers the association of finance directors with affiliate marketing. Finance directors are the driving force behind the increasing online sales attributed to affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is considered the most transparent channel for boosting sales. Based on the...
- Web merchants make affiliate programs boom. Riedman, Patricia // Advertising Age;4/12/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 16, p22
This article highlights the growth of the affiliate service business of LinkShare Corp. and Be Free in 1999. Jerome H. Kern, new CEO of LinkShare, is talking to three cable operators about using its technology. Although Kern refused to discuss details of the negotiation with cable companies, he...
- Reevaluating Affiliate Marketing. Del Franco, Mark; Miller, Paul // Catalog Age;May2003, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on affiliate marketing in Web commerce. Disadvantages of affiliate marketing; Several successful affiliate marketing efforts; Features of affiliate marketing.
- I got it from a friend of a friend... // Marketing Week (01419285);6/26/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p29
Reports on a boom in affiliate marketing especially among e-tailers. Networking party for affiliate marketers hosted by media agency Wheel.Companies; Mechanics of affiliate marketing involving Web sites; Companies that specialize in creating affiliate networks; Future of affiliate marketing.
- The ABCs of Affiliate Marketing. Birkner, Christine // Marketing News;8/30/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p6
The article focuses on the online marketing tactic of affiliate marketing. The author explains how affiliate marketing works, discusses how this type of marketing is best suited to well-established brands, and suggests tips on how e-commerce businesses can build an affiliate marketing strategy....
- Affiliate marketing finally goes mainstream. Edwards, Kevin // Marketing Week (01419285);8/30/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p27
The article presents the author's view on the potential benefits of affiliate marketing in the transactional Web sites. It is argued that this type of marketing has been seen as the slightly grubby, less appealing, poor relation, misinterpreted, and unattended. However, this affiliate scheme has...
- Open house policy. Kilby, Nathalie // Marketing Week (01419285);3/22/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p37
The article discusses the right tools for an effective implementation of an affiliate marketing strategy. Modern marketing communications, like online, centers on developing a two-way dialogue between brands and consumers, with an emphasis on the need for brands to listen to consumers' views,...
- Second opinion. Rowe, Peter // Revolution (14605953);2009 Insider's Guide to Digital, p11
The article focuses on the affiliate marketing sector. Despite the economic climate, the author notes that affiliate marketing is flourishing. He believes that 2009 is one of the most eventful and successful years for the sector. He cites the rise in the popularity of voucher codes and cashback...
- Digital Report: Stats and facts. // Marketing (00253650);8/24/2011, p1
The article presents statistics related to trends in affiliate marketing in Great Britain as of August 2011 including the 700 percent growth of the affiliate marketing industry between 2004 and 2011, the average revenue generated by affiliates for merchants, and the growth of electronic commerce.