- Our Tramp. Hayes, Daisy // Good Old Days;Aug2007, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p52
The article discusses the author's experience of meeting a tramp while growing up in Kansas during the Depression in the U.S. She recounts how her family accommodated a tramp who appeared neither ragged nor dirty. The tramp also has a heavy cane which made her father a bit uneasy. The author...
- TWENTY YEAR'S HARD LABOUR. Renton, Alex // Prospect;Apr2010, Issue 169, p50
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of encountering poor families in Mabini in Sierra Leone.
- Ducks. Oberdorf, Ralph // Good Old Days;Aug2007, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p40
The article discusses the author's experience of raising ducks on the farm during the Great Depression in the U.S. The depression affected nearly all farmers across the country which prompted farming families to grow and raise everything they ate. He describes the close ties he had developed...
- Working on the WPA. Tharp, Mel // Good Old Days;Mar2007, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p34
The author discusses how Work Progress Administration (WPA) workers have rebuild their school after being stricken by a flood in the 1930s during the economic depression. He says that the flood in Ohio and the Green River region has made the people more appreciative of the social contributions...
- ONLY HUMAN? Dumas, Janifer // Angels on Earth;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p62
A personal narrative which explores the author's experience of being dismissed from a job because of accusing her boss of stealing is presented.
- Gissa job I could do that. // Management Today;Apr2011, p74
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being unemployed and is searching for a job in the streets of Brixton in London, England.
- A Very Present Help. CRANE, ROXANN // Guideposts;Jan2012, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p42
A personal narrative is presented in which the author explores her experience of facing and surviving in the hardest time of life when her husband was jobless and they had lots of financial worries.
- The Joys of Not Working. Greely, Paul // Broadcasting & Cable;1/21/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 3, p30
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of joy in not working.
- Lose Your Job, Find Your Life. STILLMAN, WHIT // Men's Health (10544836);May2012, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p76
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of staying out of work for almost 10 years.