Tyco Healthcare to become Covidien
- Health Care Equipment & Supplies in Germany. // Health Care Equipment & Supplies Industry Profile: Germany;January 2003, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry in Germany. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- The naming game. Romano, Michael // Modern Healthcare;2/26/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p46
The article reports on the change in the name of hospital supplier Tyco Healthcare Group to Covidien. It mentions several controversies that surround its parent company Tyco International such as corporate gluttony, accounting fraud and $6,000 shower curtains. Officials of the supplier stress...
- Health Care Equipment & Supplies in Europe. // Health Care Equipment & Supplies Industry Profile: Europe;January 2003, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry in Europe. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- News WIRE. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jul2001, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p12
Presents news briefs on issues related to the medical supplies and equipment industry in the U.S. as of July 2001. Forecast on the growth of the market for filmless imaging; Plans of Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson for the Medicare coverage of pneumatic compression pumps;...
- Image Problems, Tax Rules Complicate Tyco's Last Hurrah. Sikora, Martin // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar2002, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p18
Reports the restructuring of Tyco International Ltd. in the U.S. Details on financial and accounting controversies; Information on spin-off structure; Discussions on the unpublicized acquisitions of Tyco.
- Except for Exit Mechanisms, Carve Outs Are Found Wanting in Value Delivery. Sikora, Martin // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2002, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the reorganization of Tyco International Limited. in the U.S. Versatility of IPO; Increase in shareholder value; Evaluation of the public market.
- Tyco plans four-way company split. // Contractor Magazine;Feb2002, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the plan of Tyco International Ltd. to separate into four independent, publicly traded companies in January 2002. Reason for the separation; Details on the four public companies; Information on Tyco's flow control operations.
- Fastening innovations speed spine surgery. Ogando, Joseph // Design News;2/26/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p138
Focuses on the threadless fasteners developed by engineers at Tyco Healthcare's Surgical Dynamics subsidiary that promise faster, stronger connections between the implant components. Features of the fasteners; Threading problems addressed by the fasteners.
- Tyco Healthcare Set To Expand In The Middle East. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p7
Reports the expansion of disposable medical products manufacturer Tyco Healthcare in the Middle East. Plans of establishing a warehouse and regional distribution base in the United Arab Emirates; Coherence of the company investment with the medical exhibition Arab Health 2003; Demonstration of...