PRIMER REGISTRO DE PHLOEOPHILA (ORCHIDACEAE: PLEUROTHALLIDINAE) PARA LA FLORA DE MÃ‰XICO
- Sinopse do gÃªnero Acianthera Scheidw. (Orchidaceae) no Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil. Gonçalves, Cezar Neubert; Waechter, Jorge Luiz // Revista Brasileira de Biociencias;2011, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p143
(Synopsis of the genus Acianthera Scheidw. (Orchidaceae) in Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil). The genus Acianthera Scheidw. (Orchidaceae) has been reestablished on the basis of phylogenetic analysis, which has demonstrated that Pleurothallis R.Br. is not monophyletic. The species of Acianthera have...
- The origins of Cattleya maxima. GROSSI, ALBERTO // Orchid Review;Jun2014, Vol. 122 Issue 1306, p87
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in searching for the origin of Cattleya maxima.
- Sunday Pictures. BEASLEY, RON // Moderate Voice;9/13/15, p6
Photographs are presented depicting several orchids.
- LADY SLIPPER ORCHID PAPHIOPEDILUM. Martin, Tovah // Organic Gardening;Dec2004/Jan2005, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p64
Presents information on Lady slipper orchids. Characteristics; Reason for growing the orchids; Information on how to grow the orchids.
- Cryopreservation of Seeds of Some Tropical Orchids. Nikishina, T. V.; Popov, A. S.; Kolomeitseva, G. L.; Golovkin, B. N. // Doklady Biochemistry & Biophysics;May/Jun2001, Vol. 378 Issue 1-6, p231
Presents a study on the cryopreservation of seeds of some tropical orchids. Goal of the study; Test for the viability of the orchid seeds; Results of the study.
- The evolution of floral deception in Epipactis veratrifolia (Orchidaceae): from indirect defense to pollination. Xiao-Hua Jin; Zong-Xin Ren; Song-Zhi Xu; Hong Wang; De-Zhu Li; Zheng-Yu Li // BMC Plant Biology;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background: It is estimated that floral deception has evolved in at least 7500 species of angiosperms, of which two thirds are orchids. Epipactis veratrifolia (Orchidaceae) is a model system of aphid mimicry as aphidophagous hoverflies lay eggs on false brood sites on their flowers. To...
- dendrobium:. Gough, Robert E. // Glossary of Vital Terms for the Home Gardener;1993, p31
A definition of the term "dendrobium" is presented. It refers to a type of orchid.
- Wake up to orchids. // Wildlife Australia;Spring2009, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p9
The article features the Tasmanian orchids to be found in Australia. It mentions that the flower has 210 species and 2 of which are terrestrial. It states that one third of its species are endemic and close to half of which are threatened or rare. It notes that the species may be found in...
- INTER-ANNUAL VARIABILITY IN FLOWERING OF ORCHIDS: LESSONS LEARNED FROM 8 YEARS OF MONITORING IN A MEDITERRANEAN REGION OF FRANCE. VOGT-SCHILB, HÉLÈNE; GENIEZ, PHILIPPE; PRADEL, ROGER; RICHARD, FRANCK; SCHATZ, BERTRAND // European Journal of Environmental Sciences;2013, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p129
It is important to evaluate the loss of biodiversity caused by global changes. In the case of orchids, it is still unclear how long the monitoring duration should be chosen in order to achieve a good compromise between the reliability of the orchid dynamics recorded and sampling duration (e.g....