NOTAS SOBRE HERNANDIACEAE: PRIMER REGISTRO DE GYROCARPUS AMERICANUS JACQ. PARA MÃ‰XICO Y DE SPARATTANTHELIUM AMAZONUM MART. PARA OAXACA
- Chapter 7: Primitive Angiosperms. // Flora of the Santa Ana River & Environs with References to World;2007, p102
Chapter 7 of the book "Flora of the Santa Ana River & Environs: With References to World Botany" is presented. It explores the Order Magnoliales and Piperales, the group of orders of the primitive angiosperms. It highlights the Lauraceae or Laurel family of the Order Magnoliales and the...
- Corrections. // Greenhouse Grower;Oct2015, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p14
Corrections to the articles "State of the 2015 Young Plant Market" in the September 2015 issue, and "Let's Talk About Starflowers: Why is Pentas not More Popular?" in the August 2015 issue are presented.
- Endlicheria lhotzkyi (Nees) Mez (Magnoliophyta: Laurales: Lauraceae): First record for the state of Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil. Macedo Alves, Flávio; Frison, Sergianne; Rodrigo Lehn, Carlos // CheckList;2012, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p1323
Endlicheria lhotzkyi is the first time recorded for the Brazilian state of Mato Grosso do Sul, collected in the municipal district of Sonora, north of the state. Taxonomic comments and an identification key of Endlicheria species from Mato Grosso do Sul is presented.
- ESTUDIO FLORISTICO DE LA REGION DE HUEHUETOCA, ESTADO DE MEXICO. Rangel, Silvia Romero; Rojas Zenteno, E. Carlos // Acta Botanica Mexicana;jun1991, Issue 14, p33
The pteridophyte and angiosperm flora of the Huehuetoca region, small (ca. 100 kmÂ²) area located on the Neovolcanic Belt in the northwest corner of the Valley of Mexico (states of Hidalgo and Mexico) and characterized by grassland, xerophytic scrub and oakscrub on a lacustrine plain (2250 m)...
- EL ENDEMISMO EN LA FLORA FANEROGAMICA MEXICANA: UNA APRECIACION ANALITICA PRELIMINARY. Rzedowski, Jerzy // Acta Botanica Mexicana;sep1991, Issue 15, p47
This contribution is essentially a complement to the data and concepts exposed in a previous paper, devoted to the topic of diversity and origins of the Mexican phanerogamic flora. A part of the mentioned paper deals with the subject of endemism which, according to evidence and estimations,...
- Inflorescence structures and evolution in subfamily Chloridoideae (Gramineae). Liu, Q.; Zhao, N.-X.; Hao, G. // Plant Systematics & Evolution;Mar2005, Vol. 251 Issue 2-4, p183
Inflorescence structures of 81 species and two subspecies (representing 61 genera) of the Chloridoideae have been investigated using stereo microscopy (SM). Inflorescences of the Chloridoideae are true polytelic inflorescences. Thirteen inflorescence subtypes are distinguished based on modes of...
- Diascia integerrima. Rodda, Kelli // NMPRO - Nursery Management & Production;Jun2005, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p10
Describes the Diascia integerrima Coral Canyon which was discovered in South Africa's East Cape Drakensberg Mountains. Characteristics of the plant; Ability of the plant to grow well in various soil conditions and is drought resistant; Landscape and production practices tips for growing the plant.
- Welcome early guests. Grimshaw, John // Garden;Feb2012, Vol. 137 Issue 2, p36
The article provides information on Hepatica flowering plants in Great Britain. The most common Hepatica species in British gardens are European Hepatica nobilis, which was also the first species in cultivation. If grown in shade, hepaticas will withstand exceptional dryness in summer, but not...
- An Assessment of Angiosperm Diversity of Adyar Estuary, Chennai - A Highly Degraded Estuarian Ecosystem, Tamil Nadu, India. Karthigeyan, Kaliyamurthy; Kumaraswamy, Ilangovan; Arisdason, Wilson // CheckList;2013, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p920
Estuaries are coastal ecosystems which are commonly known to support unique flora and fauna. The Adyar estuary is a severely damaged ecosystem due to developmental activities in the urban city of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Botanical explorations were conducted in and around Adyar estuary during...