Findaway Revenue Surpasses $4 Million in 2006; Adds 253 Titles
- Solon company builds off audiobook's good reviews. Stoessel, Amy Ann // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p16
The article presents information on Findaway World LLC based in Solon, Ohio. It was founded by five entrepreneurs Mitch Kroll, Blake Squires, Christopher Celeste, Lauren Spilman and Steve Spilman in search of a new venture in 2004. The Ohio natives had decided to explore the digital audio space,...
- Findaway Increasing Reach and Scope of Audiobook Player. // Book Publishing Report;4/17/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p3
The article reports on the rapid development of Findaway World LLC which is the publishing company in Cleveland, Ohio that is producing the Playaway audiobook. The company has several agreements with other publishers. Christopher Celeste, the president of the company, has stated that it sold...
- Playaway Digital Audiobooks. // Arthritis Today;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p74
The article evaluates self-contained audiobooks from Playaway Digital.
- FINDING A WAY. // Smart Business Akron/Canton;Jun2012, Vol. 22 Issue 1, ps16
The article features the firm Findaway World, which is led by co-founder and chief executive officer (CEO) Mitch Kroll to sell self-playing audiobooks.
- Tech entrepreneurs hatch advisory plan. SODER, CHUCK // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/18/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p0005
The article focuses on entrepreneurs Christopher Celeste and Blake Squires, who sold their sales in Findaway World LLC to focus their full attention to Hatch Partners LLC. It states that Celeste and Squires sold their shares in Findaway World to the majority owner of the company in December...
- Getting Teens to Read with Their Ears. Fues, Marianne Cole // Library Media Connection;May2009, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p54
The article reports on how the digital format audiobook Playaway from Findaway World LLC can help promote reading to high school teenagers in the U.S. It states that the students can read books through the audiobook while traveling or exercising. Several libraries are using the device as a means...
- Audio. Klose, Stephanie // Library Journal;5/1/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 8, p46
News briefs on audiobook publishing are presented including information on the summer 2014 audiobook giveaway program for teenagers created by the periodical "AudioFlie" and the introduction of AudioEngine, an audiobook distribution platform created by publisher Findaway World.
- News Briefs. Kuzyk, Raya // Library Journal;4/15/2010, Vol. 135 Issue 7, p48
The article presents news items on libraries and technology. Preloaded digital audio players from Findaway World LLC feature lockable packaging with molded inner compartments to hold the unit's accessories. The version of Apple Inc.'s iPad which is scheduled to be released in April of 2010 will...
- And for Some Reading in the Boxâ€¦. Manning, Elizabeth H. // Officer;Sep2008, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p64
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Defense has started to provide pre-loaded digital audiobooks to combat troops around the world, including Iraq and Afghanistan. Contractor Findaway World LLC said the two-ounce units fit in the palm of the hand, come with ear buds and batteries and...