Chooseco Looks to Double Sales in 2007; Adding More Audiobooks
- Choose Your Own Adventure Series Returning After Hiatus. // Book Publishing Report;2/6/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p5
The article reports on the decision of Chooseco LLC, owners of the Choose Your Own Adventure series of books, to update and republish a select number of the original books starting in June 2006. Series creator R. A. Montgomery retained the rights of about 130 books of the 180 titles as the books...
- Effective Writing. Lizotte, Ken // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;May2005, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p10
Discusses motivations to publish and promote articles and books as part of a business development strategy. Steps to generate articles, books and media attention; Factors to consider in deciding the topic of the article or book.
- Publishers ready new titles, ad rate packages for 2003. Liebman, Milton // Medical Marketing & Media;Sep2002, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the business plans of the journal publishers in the U.S. Publication of magazine on diabetes and endocrine disorders; Inclusion of pharmaceutical advertising; Support of the nonprofit group on the publication of the journal.
- Marketing magic. McGuckin, Frances // Quill & Quire;Jun2001, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p17
Comments on the problems of the bookselling industry on independent retail booksellers in Canada. Marketing strategy of various booksellers; Importance of developing solid written and verbal communication skills; Tips in promoting bookstores.
- THE VALUE OF "CURATED" REVIEWS. Sutherland, Victoria // ForeWord Reviews;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses the changes that will be implemented within the publication to provide better service to the publishing sector.
- Deciphering a confusing 'Community' of interests. Moses, Lucia // Editor & Publisher;06/19/99, Vol. 132 Issue 25, p28
Focuses on the Community publishers, small-newspaper companies attaching the word `Community,' in their corporate names in the United States. Confusion brought by similarities of company names; Companies involved; Pros and cons of the situation; Business profiles of companies involved.
- 'OUTSMART!'. // Accounting Today;8/18/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p24
The article reviews the book "Outsmart!," published by FT Press.
- Art and Altruism: Radius Books. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;11/17/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 46, p12
The article provides information on Radius Books, a Santa Fe, New Mexico-based publisher launched in 2007 by several book publishing professionals. The publishing house's nonprofit status is key to its mission and also helps support the business plan. Radius donates 200 copies of each of its...
- Avon Red Latest Industry Foray Into Erotica Market. // Book Publishing Report;2/20/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p3
The article reports on the plan of HarperCollins Publishers Inc. to produce its new line of Avon Red books with romantic titles in the U.S. Liate Stehlik, publisher of Avon Red, said that there is a growing demand in the market for paperbacks with erotic titles. The company produced about 40 to...