- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/8/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 18, p17
Several charts and tables showing information on M&A such as activity and monthly global volume as of May 1, 2006 as well as adviser rankings which includes Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Deutsche Bank and Merrill Lynch were presented.
- The big crunch. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;10/29/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p3
The article presents information on the financial performance of business enterprises in the financial services industry in New York in the third quarter of 2007. Stanley O'Neal, chief executive officer of Merrill Lynch & Co., announced $8.4 billion write-downs in the firm's mortgage-related...
- Tradewatch. // Pensions & Investments;11/10/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p16
The article lists core brokers and specialty brokers on the basis of ranks in the U.S., which include Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, and Stanford Group.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/8/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 18, p16
Several charts and table showing U.S. and non-U.S. private equity fundraising for the first quarter of the year 2006 and a table that list top advisers which includes Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch and Deutsche Bank were presented.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: RETAIL. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/8/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 18, p40
Several charts are presented showing information regarding investment banking on retail and includes a list of top U.S. and global bookrunners and advisers such as JP Morgan Chase, Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs.
- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/12/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 43, p28
Several charts are presented depicting the performances of financial institutions in the U.S. including Lehman Brothers Inc., Merrill Lynch & Co., and Deutsche Bank AG.
- Insider traders caught. // BRW;4/20/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p97
The article reports that junior employees at Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. are charged with making 6.7 million U.S. dollars on insider-trading schemes in the U.S.
- Analyst: Merrill 3Q Earnings to Plunge. // American Banker;9/27/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 187, p19
The author reports that analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. lowered the earning expectations of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. According to the article, earning expectations were lowered from $1.95 a share to 15 cents a share for the third quarter of 2007, due to a potential loss by Merrill Lynch of...
- MERRILL'S ON THE BALL. Lindorff, Dave // On Wall Street;Sep2007, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p19
The article states that Merrill Lynch is being held in a report by competitor Goldman Sachs as the one to beat. With the acquisition of First Republic earlier in 2007, Merrill is now considered one of the top private wealth management (PWM) firms in the U.S. About 20% of the company's revenues...