- Bemis recalled as folksy, one of kind. Grace, Robert // Plastics News;11/4/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p0006
The article offers the author's insights regarding the death of his friend Peter Bemis, chief executive officer of plastic manufacturing company Bemis Manufacturing Co. The author says that the company has received the periodical "Plastic News" (PN) Excellence Award for Industry & Public...
- Spirit of enterprise. O'Reilly, Noel // Personnel Today;12/6/2005, p1
The article discusses the concept and role of spiritual intelligence (SQ) in big businesses. The SQ concept was introduced by big companies such as Nokia Corp. SQ refers to the degree to which an individual can demonstrate spiritual intelligence and 'spiritual capital' refers to a company's...
- CEOs need to give workers a little TLC. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Feb95, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p21
Reports on the findings of a Robert Half International survey concerning chief executive officers' (CEO) responsibility in building the morale and productivity of their work force. Promotion of job satisfaction; Reduction of employee turnover.
- HR must ensure reward policies are fair for all. Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;5/27/2003, p2
The issue of pay is always a sensitive one, so it is not surprising that feelings ran high at GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK) annual meeting when shareholders voted against the board's plans to award its chief executive a potential Â£22 million if he lost his job, as of July 2003. Shareholders of GSK...
- The Future Role of the Turnaround Specialist. Molyneaux, Miles // Business Credit;Oct2001, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p67
Focuses on the role of a chief executive officer in handling company problems. Need to hire a turnaround specialist to deal with troubled businesses; Signs of business in trouble; Qualities of a turnaround specialist.
- Do You Suffer From CEO-itis? Brandt, John R. // Industry Week/IW;Jun2002, Vol. 251 Issue 5, p15
Comments on the signs of an ineffective chief executive officer (CEO) of a company. Failure to focus on the priority problems; Risk of an egotistic CEO; Wisdom dissemination of CEO.
- Local economy `out of sync'. Prenon, Mary T. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/15/96, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p8
Reports on the results of a survey of chief executive officers in New York conducted in 1996. Improved performance of companies in the first quarter; Confidence in the economy; Prospecting successes.
- Definitioin of CEO has changed. Klein, Ed // Westchester County Business Journal;9/2/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 35, p45
Presents business news items in Westchester County, New York for the week of September 2, 2002. Changes in the responsibilities of chief executive officers; Walnut Acres' introduction of its apple sauce product called Walnut Acres Certified Organic Fruit Squeezies; IBM Corp.'s grant to help in...
- Directorship DataBank dividends. // NACD Directorship;Mar1998, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p9
Reveals the number of American chief executive officers (CEO), in public companies, sitting on their own nominating committees since February 1994.