- LSE seeks counter-buyer. // BRW;4/20/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p97
The article reports on the plan of the London Stock Exchange to seek bids from other exchanges after the Nasdaq Stock Market acquires a 15 percent stake in the bourse.
- Taking stock of exchanges. // Finweek;7/6/2006, p54
The article provides information regarding stock exchange. According to Simon Pateman Brown, executive at SAWarrants company, had likened the stock exchange with a super market which link buyers and sellers. The several of the known stock markets include the new York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq Stock...
- A Call for a Central Securities Lending Marketplace. Bresiger, Gregory // Clearing Quarterly & Directory;Fall2007, p7
The article focuses on a report which asserts that the value of the securities lending market for all asset classes has reached around $4.8 trillion. According to Vodia Group, the value of the market has become greater than the capitalization of Nasdaq or the London Stock Exchange. Howard...
- Stock Exchange Automated Quotation System (SEAQ) (UK). // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p254
A definition of the term "Stock Exchange Automated Quotation System (SEAQ)" is presented. It refers to a screen-based quotation system for securities that allows market makers on the London Stock Exchange to report their price quotes and trading volumes to the users of the system. SEAQ feeds...
- Challenging the Tadawul. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/28/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 39, p1
The author comments on the struggle between Dubai and Doha over investments in European stock markets. If successful, the bold moves by two of the Gulf's smaller exchanges will challenge the dominance of the Tadawul over the region's capital markets. The wide-ranging Borse Dubai negotiation with...
- SETS. // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p241
Information on the term SETS is presented. It refers to the London Stock Exchange in London, England.
- Taming the Monster. Connor, Colleen Marie O' // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/5/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 22, p20
The article discusses on issues pertaining to the merger discussions of the New York Stock Exchange with Euronext NV and Nasdaq Market System's approach to the London Stock Exchange. Former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan commented that building financial exchange with other geographic...
- Stock Exchange Approval. Bresiger, Gregory // Traders Magazine;Aug2006, Vol. 19 Issue 257, p50
The article focuses on the development of Nasdaq Stock Exchange. Nasdaq is finally scheduled for operation in August 2006 after six years of regulatory stops and starts. Its exchange application was approved in January 2006. However, the Securities and Exchange Commission specified a number of...
- Stocks Close Narrowly Mixed. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/21/2015, pA01
1 The major averages spiked, led by the Fed minutes, then gave up most of their gains. The Nasdaq held a tiny gain, while the S&P 500 and the Dow each fell 0.1%. Volume was mixed. The 10-year yield slid 4 ticks to 2.25%.