Former BMO Execs Form Hedge Fund
- CFOs: The Latest Securitization Serves Hedge Funds. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/4/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 46, p3
The article presents information on the Sciens Global Opportunity Fund, which is expanding its asset base by issuing Euro 300 million worth of collateralized fund obligations (CFOs). CFOs are similar to collateralized debt obligations (CDOs). CFOs securitize the return of a fund of hedge funds...
- The CLO Deep Discount Dilemma. Cioffi, Greg B.; Sagalyn, David H. // Asset Securitization Report;Jun2009, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p13
The article focuses on the call of collateralized loan obligation (CLO) managers to have a reform in the deep discount provisions of CLO in the U.S. It states that the call for reform was made to ease the negative impact of deep discount provisions on the portfolio of CLO managers. Moreover, the...
- CDO Managers May Be Needed In The Game, After All. G. S. // Bank Loan Report;3/17/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p4
The article discusses the significant role of a collateralized debt obligation (CDO) manager in the investment market in the U.S. A panelist in the U.S. CDOs, Credit Derivatives and Structured Credit Products conference suggested that a CDO manager might be able to trade out assets for better...
- Magnetar Deal Prompts SEC Settlement With JPMorgan Chase. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;6/19/2011, p9
The article reports that it has been announced by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that JPMorgan Chase & Co. has agreed to a 154 million dollars settlement for allegedly misleading investors in a mortgage-securities deal involving the hedge fund Magnetar Capital LLC. As reported,...
- Hedge funds, CDO managers partner in HEL tango. A. P.; D. M. // Asset Securitization Report;12/18/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p12
The article reports on the downgrades of subprime securitization in the U.S. The securities' instability affects the Residential Mortgage-Backed Security market, hedge funds and Collateralized Debt Obligation market. Some of the affected subprime lenders are Ownit Mortgage Solutions Inc. and...
- CDO PIPELINE - U.S. MARKET. // Asset Securitization Report;9/20/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 36, p9
Presents a chart depicting the collateralized debt obligations in the U.S. market as of September 2004.
- Mortgages, CDOs bolster ABCP outstandings. // Asset Securitization Report;3/28/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p4
Examines the performance of securities in the asset-backed financing market in the U.S. Contribution of the growth in the whole loan mortgage sector and increased interest on the part of collateralized debt obligations to fuel the creation of new market programs; Number of new programs launched...
- CDO PIPELINE - U.S. MARKET. // Asset Securitization Report;2/14/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p12
Presents a table depicting the market for collateralized debt obligations pipeline in the U.S.
- CDOS / RECENT PRICINGS U.S. MKT. // Asset Securitization Report;2/14/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p13
Presents a table depicting pricing of collateralized debt obligations in the U.S. market.